PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtAraya

Lurker
Aug 21, 2020
Palm Coast, FL
Hi all - been a pipe smoker for over 30 years. Stopped by a local tobacconist and picked up an unfinished Savinelli bent billiard and a tobacco sampler. Like many newbies I liked a custom blend he made which had a chocolate raspberry aroma. My wife liked the smell too so that made it an easy decision. Smoked maybe once a week for several years and then stopped about 15 years back. Several months ago I got back into it. Thanks to the Internet and YouTube video I've now learned many techniques to improve my smoking experience. Recently I've had two nearly flawless smoking experiences using techniques I've been learning (how to properly pack, tamp, puff, stoke, etc...). It's an exciting new world for me. I've bought half a dozen new tobaccos, a couple of pipes, etc...

Welp, I think that's enough for an introduction. I look forward to lurking these forums and perhaps one day contributing.

Art

Last edited:

ArtAraya

Lurker
Aug 21, 2020
Palm Coast, FL
My profile image is Charles Mingus, for those who don't know him. He's a famous jazz bassist, band leader, composer. I'm a bassist too so I liked this as an image...

Reactions: Plutz

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, from a native Chicago area guy. My cuz lives on the west coast of Florida near Ft. Myers on the Caloosahatchie River, which I can't spell, or spell check can's spell. Unfinished Sav's are the best. I have one, a straight billiard, that is forty years old and looks stained in deep walnut.

Reactions: ArtAraya

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Sarasota FL. I am originally from Boston and moved here in 2003. I was a drummer in my youth. At 12 and a half I was the number one drummer in the town of Brookline Mass. I grew up 2.5 miles from Fenway Park. I was in the concert,jazz,marching bands and the Orchestra.

Which beach are you closest to? I am about 10 miles from SIesta Key beach which has been voted best beach in the US a few times. Our sand is 99% quartz which makes it always cool on your feet no matter how hot it is outside. It is one of the reasons I moved to this part of Florida. When my kids were young we lived at the beach and really liked the fact there was no undertow or man o war's like on Miami beach. I hope you enjoy yourself here at the best pipe site on the web(in my humble opinion.)

ArtAraya

Lurker
Aug 21, 2020
Palm Coast, FL
Welcome from Sarasota FL. I am originally from Boston and moved here in 2003. I was a drummer in my youth. At 12 and a half I was the number one drummer in the town of Brookline Mass. I grew up 2.5 miles from Fenway Park. I was in the concert,jazz,marching bands and the Orchestra.

Which beach are you closest to? I am about 10 miles from SIesta Key beach which has been voted best beach in the US a few times. Our sand is 99% quartz which makes it always cool on your feet no matter how hot it is outside. It is one of the reasons I moved to this part of Florida. When my kids were young we lived at the beach and really liked the fact there was no undertow or man o war's like on Miami beach. I hope you enjoy yourself here at the best pipe site on the web(in my humble opinion.)

Hey there! I'm in Palm Coast, Florida - it's on the east coast between St Augustine and Daytona Beach. I live close the beach - I can see it from my front deck. That's about to change however as someone just bought the empty lot in front of me. Being close to the beach there's normally a slight breeze - it's definitely cooler than inland.

ArtAraya

Lurker
Aug 21, 2020
Palm Coast, FL
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, from a native Chicago area guy. My cuz lives on the west coast of Florida near Ft. Myers on the Caloosahatchie River, which I can't spell, or spell check can's spell. Unfinished Sav's are the best. I have one, a straight billiard, that is forty years old and looks stained in deep walnut.

Thanks! I was just in NC a couple of weeks ago visiting friends! They're in Marion NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.