PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcQ

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 9, 2019
Atlantic Beach, FL
I like the thought of smoking a cigar, but the actual act is less than enjoyable. I have come to the conclusion that my issue is my lip's contact with the actual wrapper. So my question is, Do any "good" cigars come with those plastic or wooden tips, or are those just for the gas station countertop?

I know that you can buy "cigar holders", but just seem a bit on the silly side.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
How about mouthpieces instead of holders?

IMG_7748_1024x1024@2x.jpg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I know that you can buy "cigar holders", but just seem a bit on the silly side.
There so many silly or facetious was I could reply but I'll skip them and just go with straight forward.

I don't think there is anything silly about the holders whatsoever. I'm actually considering commissioning a few. They would of course be tailored to a few of my most favorite cigars though.

If you think a "holder" is silly, consider how I've looked holding the last bit of a cigar with my Leatherman to avoid burning my fingers but it was just so good I couldn't stop!

I would already own some holders except I haven't found any that really suit me, hence the idea of commissioning.

And to answer the title question, no. No even remotely good cigars that I know of have a "tip" of some sort.

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
Here’s a great article on Winston Churchill and his cigar smoking. He had a certain type of paper that he called a “bellybando” that would keep the ends of his cigars dry from his lips. I don’t think any good cigars come with lip pieces, but getting a cigar holder made for you favorite vitola is a great idea! I’ve also heard of people smoking cigars through a dedicated cob or briar.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I don't know about the availability of those in the US, but on our side of the pond, we have a style of cigars called "Virginia Cigar". They are usually made of fire cured tobacco and have a mouthpiece made of straw or plastic.

Here'a photo from Wikipedia

Villiger_Original-Krumme_Junior.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JMcQ
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I don't know about the availability of those in the US, but on our side of the pond, we have a style of cigars called "Virginia Cigar". They are usually made of fire cured tobacco and have a mouthpiece made of straw or plastic.

Here'a photo from Wikipedia

Villiger_Original-Krumme_Junior.jpg
Those Culberas were quite horrid experience once I had them, Btw.Italian tobacconists use to sell holders in different colors for Toscanis

Status
Not open for further replies.