PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I did a little estate pipe cleanup and decided to share some photos. The pipe is a large Castello Collection KK Dublin with plateau top. Referring to the briarblues dating guide, it must be from 1982 or earlier, as it has the cpital letter grading K's not in an oval.

I used an elictric toothbrush to clean the plateau rim and sanded the chewed up mouthpiece with Micro-Mesh pads. The chamber was reamed and treated with sandpaper and a layer of carnauba was applied to the outside of the stummel. Now all what's left to do is smoking out the strong vanilla aromatic ghost. :sher:

Before
1593588293533.png

1593588339786.png

After

1593588704974.png

1593588878193.png

1593588922763.png

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Thanks for the kind encouraging words, gentlemen!

was clenched by Dracula?

In regards of the rather strong synthetic stem material and the damage done to it, the previous owner must have indeed been an strong jaw man. Also the pipe's weight of 63g must be considered.

I've never heard of that method before of cleaning unsmooth rims.

I find, it is the best and maby least aggressive way to clean rusticated and blasted rims. I use the electrical brush with a little water to soften the residues. Only very gentle pressure is needed and the dirt gets removed nicely.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Thanks a lot, comrades. I‘m not yet sure what to smoke
in it for its maiden voyage, but I am certain it will be a good smoker once deghosted.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.