PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
I have just smoked a one ounce sample from smoking pipes of this blend.I really liked it and kept going back for more of that sweet nutty taste.Not being a Burley man I can't work out how much of the taste comes from the natural tobacco and how much is from the topping.
What do people think who have tried this blend? .I would appreciate some feedback.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
In 28 years smoking a pipe I never had it until last week. If you told me tobacco would be outlawed tomorrow I'd buy boatloads of this stuff in a heartbeat. But it may be that Cube Cut is an exception. I'm trying the Stokkebye and Newminster bulks and Cube Cut really stands out. Another is Newminster #84 Oriental Pipe Cut although it bites just a bit.

Thepipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2020
WV
I love PS Cube Cut. I do get a light topping, but very light. I describe it as a brown sugar note but it isn't over the top. If you like PS Cube Cut, give Cornell & Deihl Cube Cut Burley. I have not personal tried it but it is on my list.

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
I love PS Cube Cut. I do get a light topping, but very light. I describe it as a brown sugar note but it isn't over the top. If you like PS Cube Cut, give Cornell & Deihl Cube Cut Burley. I have not personal tried it but it is on my list.
The brown sugar note is the only thing I pick up, and as you say its not over the top.

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
In 28 years smoking a pipe I never had it until last week. If you told me tobacco would be outlawed tomorrow I'd buy boatloads of this stuff in a heartbeat. But it may be that Cube Cut is an exception. I'm trying the Stokkebye and Newminster bulks and Cube Cut really stands out. Another is Newminster #84 Oriental Pipe Cut although it bites just a bit.
Well thats a good recommendation, I have just ordered another 10oz.

Reactions: BROBS
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
To me, PS Cube Cut tastes a lot like Sutliff/Hearth & Home Chatham Manor. The topping is nearly identical. Both taste like a combination of cocoa and the Carnation malted milk mix I used to drink as a kid. I like them both, but they are pretty much interchangeable for me.

uprightman

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2019
Central Pennsylvania
To me, PS Cube Cut tastes a lot like Sutliff/Hearth & Home Chatham Manor. The topping is nearly identical. Both taste like a combination of cocoa and the Carnation malted milk mix I used to drink as a kid. I like them both, but they are pretty much interchangeable for me.

Interesting, I’ve often thought of picking up Chatham Manor to try. I am definitely interested in giving the Cube Cut and some Pegasus a try now.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Seems like PS Cube Cut gets used as a base for burley blends like Uhle's 00, Peretti Blend W and Peretti Cuban Mixture. Personally I don't see much connection between PS cube cut and Pegasus, which is a ribbon cut blend with cavendish.

Reactions: DotAndBang’sPipes
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Interesting, I’ve often thought of picking up Chatham Manor to try. I am definitely interested in giving the Cube Cut and some Pegasus a try now.
If you like mellow burley blends you could do worse than Chatham Manor or PS Cube Cut. They’re not something I smoke very often, but occasionally I get a craving for something soft and sweet, so I usually keep a couple ounces of each on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.