PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Do I understand what I am seeing here? It looks like someone smoked a cigar to an ash about four inches long? A neat trick, but a little tense I'd think, when you want to rare back and sip your bourbon while you brag around puffs of your stogy.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Do I understand what I am seeing here? It looks like someone smoked a cigar to an ash about four inches long? A neat trick, but a little tense I'd think, when you want to rare back and sip your bourbon while you brag around puffs of your stogy.
Posting Instagram pics of huge ash is very popular right now. ?

Reactions: bnichols23

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
That reminds me of my "first job" when I was 5.

My great aunt lived with us. She spent most of her day sitting at the end of the dining room table, chain smoking Benson & Hedges Menthol Light 100's.

As she got to the last smoke in the pack, she'd call one of the four of us children over, place a quarter in our hand and whisper in our ear, "Go get nanny a pack of cigarettes and matches."

The employed would then trek ten feet away to a door on the old buffet and retrieve the items for her.

She would light a smoke, take about three drags and fall asleep sitting. She'd wake up, place the extinguished cigarette in the ash tray and light another. Most often, the ENTIRE smoke was an intact ash hanging precariously from the filter.

1589753929575.jpeg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That reminds me of my "first job" when I was 5.

My great aunt lived with us. She spent most of her day sitting at the end of the dining room table, chain smoking Benson & Hedges Menthol Light 100's.

As she got to the last smoke in the pack, she'd call one of the four of us children over, place a quarter in our hand and whisper in our ear, "Go get nanny a pack of cigarettes and matches."

The employed would then trek ten feet away to a door on the old buffet and retrieve the items for her.

She would light a smoke, take about three drags and fall asleep sitting. She'd wake up, place the extinguished cigarette in the ash tray and light another. Most often, the ENTIRE smoke was an intact ash hanging precariously from the filter.

View attachment 30261
I love hearing stories like that!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Very nice. Glad to see you around here more!
Thanks Didi. I am even thinking about smoking only one cob for a year and posting it here ;)

Right mso. That someone was me. We were smoking NUB cigars with a friend and I managed to smoke it down to the nub. I left it on the lid of a tobacco tin and went to bid farewell to my friend, then I returned and saw this.

Posting Instagram pics of huge ash is very popular right now. ?

Sorry but I don't use Instagram.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thanks Didi. I am even thinking about smoking only one cob for a year and posting it here ;)

Right mso. That someone was me. We were smoking NUB cigars with a friend and I managed to smoke it down to the nub. I left it on the lid of a tobacco tin and went to bid farewell to my friend, then I returned and saw this.

Sorry but I don't use Instagram.
Haha my phrase was a bit of a double entendres ;)

Reactions: jvnshr

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Do it! Do it! or.....one cigar for one year! Although that might be pretty boring.....almost as boring as watching someone smoke only one pipe...

I can smoke only one cigar for a year. Give me few boxes of La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva or Partagas Presidente and watch.

I just want to test the cob. The problem is I can't find it here and I can't order it from the States. Importing pipe tobacco products are getting worse here day by day.

Reactions: lightmybriar

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I can smoke only one cigar for a year. Give me few boxes of La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva or Partagas Presidente and watch.

I just want to test the cob. The problem is I can't find it here and I can't order it from the States. Importing pipe tobacco products are getting worse here day by day.
No no no....ONE cigar....in a year....haha
Oh and you were serious about the cob? Good I'm ready for someone else to take the reigns, on august 2nd when I'm done with my Grabow...

Reactions: jvnshr
Status
Not open for further replies.