PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Hi,

Has anyone used this cloth for wiping down the exterior of their briar pipes while routine cleaning? How well does it work and is it worth buying?

Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone used this cloth for wiping down the exterior of their briar pipes while routine cleaning? How well does it work and is it worth buying?

Thanks

I have never used the cloth by Savinelli however, I bought some Decatur Pipe Shield paste wax and it does a great job on the briar maintaining its shine. It's around 10 bucks, I bought some in July 2019 and I am ALMOST 1/4 the way through it. I use almost after every smoke with a micro fiber cloth one can buy at Costco or Amazon in bulk.

There is a magic SILVER cloth out there that will keep your Sterling looking brand new but it's only for the metal bits.
Use nut oil on your stems to keep them on top shape.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: crazyhog

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I imagine it’s quite similar to the Dunhill Pipe Wipe, which is what I’ve been using. Simply a nice microfiber cloth impregnated with wax to put a protective shield on the briar. It makes a noticeable difference. If you apply a decent amount of pressure and really buff it into the briar you’ll notice a nice shine and protective wax coating for a few smokes.

These wipes last a long ass time (at least the Dunhill does), but they’re not great for sandblasted or rusticated finishes. Definitely work best on smooth briar. For the aforementioned, get some Halcyon and Paragon wax and a plain microfiber cloth to buff with.

Status
Not open for further replies.