PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
I found a very interesting and rare cavalier from Ascorti. Seller states it is designed to smoke much cooler and smoother than most pipe designs. Anyone familiar with thisrare pipe? Is it really that special? Thanks

Attachments

• 20200506_220028.jpg
    20200506_220028.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200506_220006.jpg
    20200506_220006.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: danimalia

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I'd check that it's a true cavalier, i.e., one with a sump at the bottom with a removable bottom cap to clean the sump:
Cavalier.gif

Some pipes are carved to look like a cavalier but really aren't.

I have one made by Moretti. I enjoy it and it does smoke dry and down to the last bit of tobacco. I have to be careful not to burn wood at the end because there's no wet dottle to slow things down.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
I'd check that it's a true cavalier, i.e., one with a sump at the bottom with a removable bottom cap to clean the sump:
Cavalier.gif

Some pipes are carved to look like a cavalier but really aren't.

I have one made by Moretti. I enjoy it and it does smoke dry and down to the last bit of tobacco. I have to be careful not to burn wood at the end because there's no wet dottle to slow things down.
Thanks, yes the bottom is a removable foot cap, so that's where all the doodle and wetness is collected and can be cleaned out.

Reactions: danimalia and BROBS

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Hey all, I was looking at the pipe again and wondering if it would be difficult to light up. Seems it would be very difficult to see the chamber. Thoughts? Thx

Reactions: danimalia and BROBS

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have one made by Mauro Armellini and it smokes beautifully. The cap removes easily and its easy to clean out the moisture from the airway but I find I have to use the long churchwarden pipe cleaners or another pipe cleaner for the stem.

I'v often thought about buying another cavalier but haven't.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Hey all, I was looking at the pipe again and wondering if it would be difficult to light up. Seems it would be very difficult to see the chamber. Thoughts? Thx

It would depend on what your opinion of difficult is. I have pipes of all sorts from mild to wild and only one is terribly difficult to light. It's a large dragon meer and I can't see the top of the chamber at all when I light it. Others, even if I have to look cross-eyed down my nose to get them lit, aren't that difficult to me. I would say the one you posted is the later for me but some people might find this very difficult when to me it's more just an annoyance that I tolerate in trade for the joy of owning such pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What shanez and chasing' say. Looks like a nice pipe. I've always thought the cavalier shape was a little theatrical for me, but not for everyone. If you are a raconteur and a story-teller, it might work.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Thanks for all the replies. I was outbid on yet another one. Search continues.........

Status
Not open for further replies.