PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
I mailed a pipe to Michigan recently for repair. It should’ve taken no more than three days. It has now been over two weeks and no sign of package in Michigan. The tracking number doesn’t reveal anything at all about where it is. The post office can’t help me. They tell me I can’t file a complaint until 30 days have passed. I may have lost a really nice Charatan. Fool that I am, I did not even insure it. Someone please beat me about the head and shoulders.
Anybody else out there have post office woes?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No question the public health situation has caused odd variations in public services lately. I think there's a good chance your pipe will surface soon with no problem, but I feel your pain. I watched this morning as the recycling truck picked up the carts of neighbors on either side, but not mine. What the hell? We got on it, and they did come back, and stopped to check the next cart down, equally surprised at this omission. Life in odd times.

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
I have had nothing but EXCELLENT SERVICE from the U.S. Postal Service. Frankly, I'm amazed they can provide the level of service that they do for the reasonable prices they charge.

All my mail -- packages and letters -- have been coming and going just like they always have; quickly, efficiently, safely, and accurately.

Sounds like your guy on the other end has a problem.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I mailed a pipe to Michigan recently for repair. It should’ve taken no more than three days. It has now been over two weeks and no sign of package in Michigan. The tracking number doesn’t reveal anything at all about where it is. The post office can’t help me. They tell me I can’t file a complaint until 30 days have passed. I may have lost a really nice Charatan. Fool that I am, I did not even insure it. Someone please beat me about the head and shoulders.
That’s not true. Once it’s past the expected delivery date you and the receiver can fill out a parcel trace form. Tell them you want to fill out a “parcel trace form” and a postal inspector will find your package. It’s most likely stuck in a bag or bin somewhere. Was it a padded envelope?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I've got plenty of trouble. Five tracking numbers that aren't updating. One package, a set of pipes, has been floating around for 31 days today. Usually I don't begin to worry until a month has passed.

As for domestic mail, I can confirm that things have been slower than usual, and the USPS has admitted as much.

We've also had some extra mailmen, perhaps filling in for the regulars, perhaps responding to staffing shortages, but it's caused a lot of wrong deliveries, mail being sent to the incorrect address.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Rarely with USPS except for tracking updates, but I'll never use Fed-X again, but that's another story and I don't want to hijack this thread. My understanding, from my local postmaster, is that this coronavirus has caused delays in alot of areas unless your buying from or shipping to an in state company.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Hey just an idea. You can hang out at a truck stop and find a driver going that way. Most are pretty honest and a hell of a lot more reliable than the post companies right now. Lol.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
BROBS : interesting that the local post office mentioned none of this. I’ll check it out. I’m guessing it will turn up eventually, fingers crossed. It was packed in a small box.
And if it doesn’t show up, they will hear from my team of attorneys.
A lot of the drones don’t even know the form exists.. but someone there does.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Definitely not true. A search request can be submitted online via the USPS Missing Mail site. I had a package recently come into town and then go from the local distribution center to another city where it got stuck. I filed a service request the day it was supposed to be delivered and they resolved it and got the package back to me the next day.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
No real issues lately. One or two packages were delayed by a day or two, but the tracking always showed exactly where it was at the time.

Reactions: BROBS

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Where should I start? I'll only go back to late February when I shipped a pipe I sold to North Carolina. Tracking showed it getting to the New Orleans Regional Distribution Center the day I shipped it and then didn't show any movement for five days when it suddenly appeared where it was supposed to be. The buyer sent me photos of the Priority Mail box and it looked like it had been stomped on and dipped in a bucket of dirty water. The package was stamped by the post office "Damaged, Received this Way." Problem is, it was in pristine condition when I hand delivered it to the post office. Fortunately, I had packed it pretty good in bubble wrap so the pipe wasn't damage.

Since then I have had four other packages go missing for three or four days before they get delivered - both going out and coming to me. I've even had a package scheduled for delivery yesterday according to USPS tracking, and the mail carrier just drove by my mailbox while I was sitting in the front yard. The status was updated to out for delivery - package arrived late.

I did speak to someone I know who works for USPS but in equipment maintenance and he told me that he sees a lot of boxes not getting scanned into the system properly and then it sits around for a few days before it leaves the facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.