PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Looks like there's gonna be a lot of HH Rustica on the swap page in a few years. ?. I don't think I would buy one tin before sampling, let alone ten.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Looks like there's gonna be a lot of HH Rustica on the swap page in a few years. ?. I don't think I would buy one tin before sampling, let alone ten.

Indeed. This blend sounds like the tobacco equivalent of Dave's Insanity Sauce. Basically a parlor trick, something you try once on a dare just so you can post about it online.

Thanks Mac Baren but I'll pass.

Reactions: Jwebb90

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

twoonefive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2014
Willow Grove, PA
pipesandpens.com
Indeed. This blend sounds like the tobacco equivalent of Dave's Insanity Sauce. Basically a parlor trick, something you try once on a dare just so you can post about it online.

I would be shocked if Mac Baren used their HH line for a marketing gimmick. They have no reason to since everything HH is highly rated. Lots of speculation while we all wait for our tins to show up in the US, but those who have had it in the EU are posting favorable reviews. Since I am a big fan of VaBur I am hopeful this will make my normal rotation. Its interesting to see how this release has spurred conspiracy theories on various forums. Guess we will all know for sure soon!

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I would be shocked if Mac Baren used their HH line for a marketing gimmick.

To be clear: any limited edition that comes in a numbered tin is part of a marketing gimmick designed to tweak people's desire to hoard. Add to that, warnings about needing to eat a meal before smoking and use a small pipe (or suffer the consequences) and here we are... a big circus discussing high nicotine kick tobacco. Sure, it's well made and well presented because that's what Mac Baren does--but still, a novelty.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
The rustica snuff I’ve had wasn’t pleasant. On one hand it’s nice they are exploring something that has fallen out of fashion or whatever but on the other, I don’t think most people who are into the varying nuances of blends are interested in getting obliterated on nicotine.

They are trying to meet a very clear demand. If you watch, you'll see that the stronger blends are always sold out.. It's amazing to me that more tobacco companies haven't addressed this.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Since this is already available in Germany then I think it will become a regular release. When you look at Acadian Perique and ODF (among others), they were released with limited edition tins that were signed by Per at the Chicago show. Then a few months later they followed up with regular production.

I ordered six tins. One to try now and the rest to let sit for a couple years.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
First bowl going.

Surprisingly Burley-forward taste! I am pretty sensitive to nicotine, so I was worried, but so far, it is perfectly palatable and tame. The flavor is like a very refined Black Rope so far. It is very full tasting, but not in an offensive way. There is a verrrry faint natural cherry taste way in the background? This is is an interesting tobacco, and I’m glad I got some!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
First bowl going.

Surprisingly Burley-forward taste! I am pretty sensitive to nicotine, so I was worried, but so far, it is perfectly palatable and tame. The flavor is like a very refined Black Rope so far. It is very full tasting, but not in an offensive way. There is a verrrry faint natural cherry taste way in the background? This is is an interesting tobacco, and I’m glad I got some!
Mine is now showing arrival tomorrow afternoon. The XL Dunhill will get it's first smoke with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.