PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I need to pick up a good front line meer with a wide open draw. I have 1 meer and the draw is not worth the hassle anymore to me. It is regulated to shag and cube cuts. I could send it in and get it opened up but I am not motivated enough.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Looks like you don't care much for the figural Meerschäume, eh? I don't either.

I’m mostly drawn to the classic briar shapes (30’s - 50’s). The scoop (upper left) is so good with Latakia blnds. It’s funny, they are neutral puffers, but certian ones shine a bit brighter with different blend types imho.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Very nice collection. It is so refreshing to see a meerschaum pipe that does not resemble a garden ornament, more so as in such a nice grouping as yours. I am afraid I am rather one dimensional in my tastes but those look really well cared for and maintained.

Reactions: weezell

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nice! I’ve been really looking to find a nice, light, smooth straight billiard meer. That or an old cutty on ebay. Had no luck so far, need to do more research on brand and quality.

Is there any noticeable difference between say IMP and AKB? And within that Tekin/Muhsin? What about other brands like Paykoc, Strambach, SMS?

Right now I have two AKBs I like but have only smoked a couple times each. They’re both long and sort of “fancy” though. Not figural (those are just way too refonkulous for me) but latticed and such. Looking to find a simple smooth one.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Nice collection...quite similar to my own. The figurals and other elaborate carvings don't appeal much to me either.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
The one on bottom right is a meer, but textured & stained to look like a rusticated briar.

Regarding brands, I can only compare IMP to Tekin, craftsmanship seems equal, though the IMP’s tend toward a thinner bit at the button. Both perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.