PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsaulmarshall

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2019
Cambridge, MA
Hello all,

I recently picked up this Castello Canadian Natural Vergin 2K from Tabaccheria Corti. I needed a smaller pipe for those English flakes/kakes in my cellar (Germain's 1820, GLP Gaslight, Plum Pudding) and, seeing as how I was very impressed with my 4K Shape 55, I thought I could do no better than a Castello.

The pipe made the short hop from Italy to London earlier this month and I had it loaded up and ready to go with some precious Penzance shortly thereafter. There's something about the briar Castello uses that makes an unsmoked pipe taste so good on first light. I can only describe it as a crisp, sweet flavour that undergirds the profile of whatever you are smoking for the first few bowls before the cake properly forms. It's brilliant.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8e9f.jpg

lasabbia

Lurker
May 16, 2015
Hello all,

I recently picked up this Castello Canadian Natural Vergin 2K from Tabaccheria Corti. I needed a smaller pipe for those English flakes/kakes in my cellar (Germain's 1820, GLP Gaslight, Plum Pudding) and, seeing as how I was very impressed with my 4K Shape 55, I thought I could do no better than a Castello.

The pipe made the short hop from Italy to London earlier this month and I had it loaded up and ready to go with some precious Penzance shortly thereafter. There's something about the briar Castello uses that makes an unsmoked pipe taste so good on first light. I can only describe it as a crisp, sweet flavour that undergirds the profile of whatever you are smoking for the first few bowls before the cake properly forms. It's brilliant.

View attachment 17551

Status
Not open for further replies.