PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
This question arises from the "Which Side of the Mouth" thread.
I have found great flavor changes in my tobacco when I puff from the mouth piece and alternating putting the stem further into my mouth with my lips on the stem and the mouth piece an 1inch or so up to the roof of my mouth. Is this a thing or just me? I have been unable to find pervious post on subject. Thanks in advance. ?

Reactions: rushx9

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I get a little of that effect with my one Peterson P-lip bit, but I don't enjoy having more bit/stem in my mouth, or perhaps it is just that with fishtail bits, I just don't notice them at all, which is preferable to me. The P-lip is a nice change, but only now and then. I get a good range of flavors without adjusting the pipe stem in my mouth, so I have never explored it that much. I don't retrohale; like I say, I am pleased with the range and strength of flavors I experience.

Reactions: B.Fee

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I can't find it now, but I used to post a youtube video of a guy smoking two pipes, one in each nostril. This thread needs that video, ha ha.
20120521_bryan-duerfeldt-performs-two-recorders_33.jpg

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I don't retrohale; like I say, I am pleased with the range and strength of flavors I experience.

Really? Wow.. you might be missing out. or not. who knows.. :P

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
One of the reasons the stem bit on my Grabow is all mangled, is obviously how I choose to clench it. I clench with the button in my teeth. I don't clench with the button I'm my mouth.

I cam about it after mangling the stem with my razor teeth and had to find another way to clench. Turns out, the flavor is better to me, with less of the stem in my mouth. It took me a couple days but I got a nice divot in the button, and it sits comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.