PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Zombie Apocalypse, Tobacco Apocalypse, Taxation Apocalypse, Internet / Regulatory Apocalypse, and the inevitable truths that it won’t ever be any cheaper or more available than right now. Plus as others have said - it ages beautifully and tastes better.

One of these days I hope to retire and have the time if not the income to smoke my pipes more. Best plan is to have plenty on hand of what I like and that’s already paid for and well aged.

Now all I have to do is mortgage that spare kidney and hide the tins from She Who Must Be Obeyed.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
My wife is awesome, that’s just my term of endearment from Rumpole of the Bailey, ?

She doesn’t really mind me cellaring tobacco at all, in fact, she buys me my favorites when she travels to places I don’t get to go on her work trips.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
In Rumpole, his wife Hilda(?) is a fearsome creature who quite bosses him around and he quite pretends to care and does as he pleases regardless.

We have a good laugh every time we watch the old shows and I yank her chain by calling her that, but it’s just our little joke.

My wife doesn’t raid the cellar like Ember’s but she doesn’t complain about it growing constantly either.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Right on the button my friend!As for the blends I have stashed away that are currently not in my favor, as blends dwindle I have found this old adage applies. "Hunger is the best flavor enhancement in the world"...:sher:
Better to have and not want than to want and not have.?

Reactions: olkofri
Oct 7, 2016
From the time in the mid 1980’s when I was first introduced to the idea that older tobacco made in the UK before the conglomerates took over really was better than current production, and then .started chasing vintage tins in obscure locations, I have always had more tobacco than I “need.” I went almost 15 years without smoking a pipe, and I still had a fair stash laid back.

Having pipe tobacco on hand is soothing. So there.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
It’s like a wine cellar, the production of a particular vintage is limited. When I find a blend that rings my bell with consistency, I’ll cellar. Hopefully my taste buds won’t change too much when i dip into it.

I remember back in 2006, on another forum, a member stated blend choices & availability would blossom in the future. Had a hunch otherwise, glad I cellared.

Status
Not open for further replies.