PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
I'm curious about this as well
Personally haven't gotten the chance to try since my go-to tobacco shop hasn't gotten them yet

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
utterly disappointed by this tobacco.
only finished the tin because it was expensive.
hardly any taste, a damp squid in my opinion.
A lot of these have plenty of online reviews but don’t live up to the hype.
it was very mild and I will not buy it again.

• Wow
Reactions: badbriar and tliviu

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I have an unopened tin of the "new" Peterson Nightcap. It rates high in the nic dept, so I'm letting it age since I'm just getting back into pipes after a 10+ year hiatus. Gotta get my sea legs back.

I have some Quiet Nights that I go to in the meantime.

Happy to hear that it's the same stuff as the previous version though. Lots of hype surrounding this one. Not to veer off topic, but I had my first bowl of Plum Pudding last night and while tasty, it didn't quite live up to the massive hype. Expectations are a dangerous thing.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I swear they changed something with PP recently. The cakes are different, for one thing. When I first smoked it, it seemed much more oriental-forward and the topping was more apparent. It was like fireworks going off in your mouth, but in a nice non-maiming sort of way. Lately it doesn’t do it for me, either. Maybe the palette has grown immune to its charms and a hiatus is required.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I still have an unopened tin of the former Dunhill branded blend, so I'm glad it's the same, and I don't have to buy more for comparison. Same contractor, same sourcing, this is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.