PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
So I heard about the new Hearth & Home Slow-Aged blends, but are only on Pipes and Cigars who rent ship out of the U.S si I wont br able to try them unless they are sold by another retretailer some time and that makes me sad.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
They look to me like repackaged John Cotton Double Pressed tobaccos. Does it seem like that to anyone else?

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
From P&C website:

PO Boxes, APO/FPO, US Territories
Shipments to PO Boxes, APO/FPO addresses, and US Territories will arrive via USPS and may incur additional delivery times. Expedited shipping options are not available.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
thebigragu, I'm guessing you're an enlisted guy in the military. I'm not suggesting you work the system, since it can get you in trouble. But you should see if you can get the system to work for you. (I was an enlisted guy for four long years, and possibly the least suited to military life in the history of the military.) Here are some threads to pull. If you have access to the chaplaincy, they maybe be able to help with such a modest request, tap into people moving back and forth stateside. There's the USO that wants to help, if they can. You may have a supply officer who might be able to effect such a small retrieval and know about the postal system. People mailing you tobacco to an APO will need to fill out a customs form, but that's a small task. The best part is, this will let you know that you can make it happen and you are not helpless with a small request, or even a not small one. You need to feel a little more empowered than you do, and this exercise will help.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
thebigragu, I'm guessing you're an enlisted guy in the military. I'm not suggesting you work the system, since it can get you in trouble. But you should see if you can get the system to work for you. (I was an enlisted guy for four long years, and possibly the least suited to military life in the history of the military.) Here are some threads to pull. If you have access to the chaplaincy, they maybe be able to help with such a modest request, tap into people moving back and forth stateside. There's the USO that wants to help, if they can. You may have a supply officer who might be able to effect such a small retrieval and know about the postal system. People mailing you tobacco to an APO will need to fill out a customs form, but that's a small task. The best part is, this will let you know that you can make it happen and you are not helpless with a small request, or even a not small one. You need to feel a little more empowered than you do, and this exercise will help.
Yes I am I am actualy liked by people here in my unit ( I don't know why I dont talk or socialize) I could pull string seeing that Im a machanic and have fixed the supply trucks multipple times when they were in a bind. Its not a lack of self confidince or frear of getting in trouble. It's a mix of being dtubborn and not likeing to ask for things iv been a very independant person and the fact that I just am not a people person.

Reactions: danimalia

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can relate. I was a super independent loner, and still am to some degree. When I asked to change "ratings," that is job designations, I assumed I didn't have a chance in hell. A huge engiineman chief, not in my job area at all, and an officer or two stepped up and signed off. I'd done some courses through the mail to back up my request. No one was quite as surprised as I was when it was announced that, presto, I had a new job. So you learn something getting out of your comfort zone, or I did anyway. There's a whole chapter in Naval history as to why this was possible, but to me, it was an amazement.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Hell I'll send you some. Just PM me where to send it.

Semper P

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I can relate. I was a super independent loner, and still am to some degree. When I asked to change "ratings," that is job designations, I assumed I didn't have a chance in hell. A huge engiineman chief, not in my job area at all, and an officer or two stepped up and signed off. I'd done some courses through the mail to back up my request. No one was quite as surprised as I was when it was announced that, presto, I had a new job. So you learn something getting out of your comfort zone, or I did anyway. There's a whole chapter in Naval history as to why this was possible, but to me, it was an amazement.
yeah I have been told I wouldn't make it in the Army but here am a year and a half later and I have gotten better in being polite and talking to some people I still would rather be alone

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.