Dunhill Re-Release Date, Confirmed. (Verbally)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiedds

Lurker
Sep 2, 2019
So, as you all know Peterson wil be releasing some of the Dunhill blends. 30 minutes ago, in Modesto California, my insignificant hometown, I was in the cigar shop buying some tobacco. I'm at the counter, and the owner turns to me and introduces me to this rep standing next to us holding papers, box,...etc. he said "this is..... from general cigar, if you have any questions here is your chance". Before I could ask, he shook my hand and said we own p.stokkebye, Peterson.... bunch of other names you might be familiar with. We are out of Georgia." I remembered just recently reading an article in this forum about Peterson releasing Dunhill blends, but had no information on the time of release. So, I asked him when is this going to take place? He said, "well, we just bought the rights to Dunhill blends, and we also acquired Peterson tobacco, so we are looking at Spring of 2020 for re-release to the public." then he moved aside, I paid for my tobacco and came to the car to post this. Pardon my excitement, I just miss Dunhill.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Thanks for the good news! According to my information from the website of a German tobacconist, in Germany the tobaccos will be presented to vendors at the tobacco fair Intertabak on September 18th and shortly after be available to buy.

[Just added this for the ones, who haven't read through the last thread]

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'm looking forward to stocking up on some Peterson Nightcap and Peterson Flake puf

We should keep in mind that the FDA deeming deadlines in May 2021 have the potential to kill off these blends. Nobody knows how the "substantial equivalent" regulations, among others, will be enforced and interpreted by the FDA yet. One of the industry insiders who confirmed the re-release stated something to the effect that he wasn't able to comment about the effects of the FDA regulations, but that he expects the blends to stick around for a while. I'm cautiously optimistic that Peterson will be able to get these Dunhill blends to survive the May 2021 tobaccapocalypse.

eddiedds

Lurker
Sep 2, 2019
I'm stoked. But I hope it won't turn into another esoterica where it takes a year to get lucky finding one tin...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The legal staffs have a lot of billable hours to expend. But this sounds like a good source, so at least that is what company insiders are saying. The U.S. seems to be reaching out and buying up various of these fine old firms from across the pond. Since North American is the source of tobacco to the Western World and the whole world, there may be some symmetry here.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I read the shareholder minutes from STG’s recent meeting and they stated they were not too concerned with the FDA process right now. In fact they stated it should help them market wise as the smaller companies are not as well suited to go through the process, whatever it ends up being. I cant find the link offhand but it was on one of the cigar industry news websites. Someone here can probably find the link..

Reactions: seanv and lawdawg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm looking forward to stocking up on some Peterson Nightcap and Peterson Flake puf

We should keep in mind that the FDA deeming deadlines in May 2021 have the potential to kill off these blends. Nobody knows how the "substantial equivalent" regulations, among others, will be enforced and interpreted by the FDA yet. One of the industry insiders who confirmed the re-release stated something to the effect that he wasn't able to comment about the effects of the FDA regulations, but that he expects the blends to stick around for a while. I'm cautiously optimistic that Peterson will be able to get these Dunhill blends to survive the May 2021 tobaccapocalypse.
Leonard from STG (whose last name I do not recall) commented on another forum that there is no issue with deeming, because they are the same blends, just with a different name.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Unless they decide to re-release Dark Flake I just can't get excited.
I’m with ya on that. I like their (Light) Flake but I’ve got plenty of that on hand, I liked Apertif and a few others but nothing that I’d really freak out about if we lost em for good but Dark Flake was definitely my favorite. Still have plenty of that one as well but probably not enough for a lifetime.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
So, as you all know Peterson wil be releasing some of the Dunhill blends. 30 minutes ago, in Modesto California, my insignificant hometown, I was in the cigar shop buying some tobacco. I'm at the counter, and the owner turns to me and introduces me to this rep standing next to us holding papers, box,...etc. he said "this is..... from general cigar, if you have any questions here is your chance". Before I could ask, he shook my hand and said we own p.stokkebye, Peterson.... bunch of other names you might be familiar with. We are out of Georgia." I remembered just recently reading an article in this forum about Peterson releasing Dunhill blends, but had no information on the time of release. So, I asked him when is this going to take place? He said, "well, we just bought the rights to Dunhill blends, and we also acquired Peterson tobacco, so we are looking at Spring of 2020 for re-release to the public." then he moved aside, I paid for my tobacco and came to the car to post this. Pardon my excitement, I just miss Dunhill.
that's great, now so.eone needs to buy the McClelland brand and bring back their blends lol

Reactions: eddiedds

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
News from a Facebook group:
"I spoke with a representative from the Scandinavian Tobacco Group today at the 150th anniversary at the Missouri Meerschaum factory. He said that the Dunhill Peterson blends are currently on the water being shipped to the US and should reach by October 25th."

Whether or not this is true I'm still excited to see how the Peterson blends turn out.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

We should keep in mind that the FDA deeming deadlines in May 2021 have the potential to kill off these blends. Nobody knows how the "substantial equivalent" regulations, among others, will be enforced and interpreted by the FDA yet.
well from my experience lawyers tend to be overly cautious on such things. Which seems like that would be the proper way to do their job. Then again I've noticed that business men don't always understand what lawyers tell them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.