Halloween Horror Flicks - What is Everyone Watching?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
cat-people-1942-4.jpg

DcmoTkoXUAAIh7b.jpg

6a00d8341d6d8d53ef01b8d18ca19b970c-450wi

isleofthedead.jpg

And, my fav...
800px-Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_poster.jpg

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
+1 on American Horror Story... I'm just now finishing up the first season. Lots to go!

My favorite Halloween season move is The VVitch (spelled with two Vs instead of a W). I first saw it last year on Netflix and almost immediately ordered the DVD. It's set in what I believe would be the 1600's in the early pilgrim settlements on America's east coast. The overall feel is full of doom and claustrophobia, kind of like a Hitchcock movie.

Second favorite (and previous reigning champ) is the ever-popular Disney flick, Hocus Pocus.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTUyNzkwMzAxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzc1OTk1NjE@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Val Lewton's stuff is fantastic. The first one I ran across was Isle of the Dead, which is great, but my favorite is Body Snatcher. I love Stevenson (and Burke and Hare) and I could watch Karloff's Cabman Gray torment "Toddy" over and over.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Oh hell no, American horror stories is some scary $#it!

Is more my speed!
I tend to stay away from fright night and other horrifying events!

Jun 9, 2018
England
My favourites are the original 1977 Dario Argento version of Suspiria the classic Night of the Demon from the 1950's and although it's not what you'd call a traditional horror movie I really like the original Alien film as well.

Chris.

Reactions: J.Henry845

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Arachnophobia (1990) scared the shit out of me. I don't know why, but it somehow broke the screw loose in my head that had the check on my fear of spiders and sent me screaming over the edge.

Reactions: ray47

J.Henry845

Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
My favourites are the original 1977 Dario Argento version of Suspiria the classic Night of the Demon from the 1950's and although it's not what you'd call a traditional horror movie I really like the original Alien film as well.

Chris.
The original Suspiria is somewhere in my top 20 horror movies of all time. The remake was not the worst movie in the world, at least it was a different way of telling the story. A straight remake would never work.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
If you like the George Romero Dawn Of The Dead/Day Of The Dead classics 2 of them are free on YouTube (at time of writing anyway).
I just watched them and they're both good quality.

Chris

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, but I do have a couple of favorites:

The Descent
Santa Sangre (not sure if it's horror per se, but it sure has plenty of horrific and surreal imagery)
I enjoyed some of those Japanese horror movies that became popular 15-20 years ago like The Ring.

I DO enjoy horror/comedy crossover type movies like the Evil Dead series, Dead Alive, or Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if I can get some suggestions.

J.Henry845

Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
I DO enjoy horror/comedy crossover type movies like the Evil Dead series, Dead Alive, or Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if I can get some suggestions.

Street Trash, Bad Taste, Brain Damage, Frankenhooker, The Undertaker & His Pals, Sleepaway Camp 2 & 3, and Terrorvision are all pretty entertaining. At least they are entertaining to me.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.