PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Some incredible collections, guys.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

I learned 3 things,

I need more pipes, more tobacco and more racks.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
img_1610-600x450.jpg
img_1610-150x112.jpg
img_1608-450x600.jpg
img_1607-450x600.jpg

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
Still have a few in the to do pile. I'm getting picky as the collection grows, I realize each one is as individual as a thumbprint but manyy are too similar. I'm looking for odd now, the Convetibole and carved pieces I picked up changed my collecting focus. The search continues.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Some jaw-dropped collections. At some 36 briars and 24 cobs, I have plenty of pipes, but as buying more pipes, especially the one just come into view, that I in no way need but after which I lust, though it does not fit into a sane budget, I resign myself to the apparent fact that likely I will never stop:)!!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Some jaw-dropped collections. At some 36 briars and 24 cobs, I have plenty of pipes, but as buying more pipes, especially the one just come into view, that I in no way need but after which I lust, as it does not fit into a sane budget, I resign myself to the apparent fact that likely I will never stop:)!!

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
There are some stunning photos in this thread! Jcsnaps, some of those really crazy briar freehands have me salivating-- they recall, more than any other briars, I've seen, the meerschaum freehands I love so much!
I'm sure most people here have seen said meerschaum freehands, so I won't repost those photos here unless requested. But here are my main pipe shelves (taken in December of 2015, but not much has changed since then). These contain everything from all but two of my best meerschaums (their cases won't fit), down to racks full of junky thrift store pipes I bought as a kid. There are some antiques, some Kirstens, cigarette and cigar holders, bands of the nicest cigars I've smoked, brochures I picked up at Tinder Box decades ago, all sorts of stuff. The shelf below has part of my other major collection (vintage lava lamps), while the one above has a collection of old lab glassware and novelty glass stuff.

zcaZ9TA.jpg

Most of my meerschaums are shown here, from cheap ones I bought when I was a teen and the first minis I bought around age 10 to my best cased pipes. Missing: six Bekler freehands and the new Yanik pipe.

XTXOhfG.jpg

Aaaand the new Yanik baby dragon pipe.

RWEQv8k.jpg

Along side my 2003 Yanik.

79jvZ7e.jpg

Here's my main Kirsten display, made from a 1930s wood wall shelf. Not shown: a black Designer from the recent re-start of production. The silver Designer with the big bowl was one of a small number given by Kirsten to important people in the local tobacco/pipe industry in the 1970s; this one was owned by (and is engraved with the name of) Paul Reasoner, first owner of the Tukwila, WA Tinder Box, the shop which began my interest in pipes when I'd buy tobacco for my grandfather.

W7mgNHe.jpg

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Impressive collections all! Just a little surprised at the comparative scarcity of meers in most of them, even fewer gourd calabashes, and even fewer cobs and clays! I guess there must be a connection between collecting and having the beauty of the Grain.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
There are some very impressive collections here. I've been smoking pipes for almost 6 years and in that time I've acquired many new and estate pipes. In all I have owned over a total of 70 different pipes, but I have gifted some and sold off others. Currently I have 40 pipes in my collection. All but 3 of my pipes are pictured below.

Reactions: petes03