Me

No User

You must log in to access your account.

Ravkesef

active 2 days, 23 hours ago

Basic

First Name

Eric

Last Name

Silver

City

Cheshire

State

CONNECTICUT

Country

United States Of America

Smoked First Pipe

September 5, 1959

Type of Pipe Usually Smoked

Briar

Latest Top Five Tobaccos

Balkan Sobranie (yes, I still have a few left)
Our Best Blend (Smoker’s Haven)
Peretti Blend 7485
Frog Morton

Pipes I Own (Or some of them)

Boswell
Paolo Becker
Claudio Cavicchi
Charatan
Caminetto
GBD
Connoisseur
Dunhill
Mark Tinsky
Steve Morisette
Scott Thile

Current Favorite Pipe

Bent Charatan

Ravkesef's Activity

  • Ravkesef and 12pups are now friends   1 month ago

  • Ravkesef commented on the blog post Tobacco’s Front Lines   1 month, 1 week ago

    When we speak to our state legislators about this, as I recently did, we find ourselves running up against a brick wall. Much of the problem, I was told, comes from the insurance companies which are noting the increase in tobacco related illnesses and deaths. And we all know that this comes principally from [...]

  • Ravkesef commented on the blog post Summertime…and the Livin’ Was Easy   2 months, 1 week ago

    Thanks to Bill, I purchased a can of this tobacco to try it out. I decided to try it as my first smoke of the day, and oddly enough it worked! It was everything Bill said it was – the only problem is my wife thinks that the athletes foot powder is the greatest [...]

  • Ravkesef commented on the blog post the Gentleman Smoker   2 months, 1 week ago

    Steve Morisette is the consummate gentleman, who demonstrates both visually and verbally that a gentleman should be attired with the proper pipe to exemplify sartorial elegance. It isn’t a matter of how much you spend on clothing–one can drop a bundle and still look like a slob. Thank you, Steve, for a simple and [...]

  • Ravkesef wrote on the wire of picture   2 months, 2 weeks ago

    Thanks to Bob Savage of Old Dominion Corncobs, I now have a purple corncob pipe to go with my new status of having been elevated to the purple. Kevin’s repo boys haven’t shown up yet to snatch the purple Bentley, so this afternoon I went for a drive in the Bentley smoking my purple corncob [...]

Ravkesef's Groups (0) See All »

Ravkesef hasn't joined any groups yet.

Ravkesef's Wire See All »

  • By the way, I was there two weeks ago and brought with me a catalogue from 1973. The staff were fascinated by it, especially the prices. I pointed out to them the emphasis on pipes, tobacco and cigars, whereas today that forms a minor part of the business, and Ehrlich is no more. Incidentally, the upstairs where we used to smoke and have a bite to eat is not the same as it was, and the health department posted ”no smoking” signs throughout the store. It’s a pale shadow of what it was.
    I started smoking DPE in 1969, and sad to relate, the current blend isn’t what it used to be. The manager told me that it was ”90% the same.” It’s the other 10% that worries me.

  • Thanks for the message. I am actually from Avon, CT. Cake Box and Judges Mixture are my two favorite blends from L & P.

    I love that store especially the upstairs chess parlour room.

    Enjoy your visit and the fine tobacco.

    Cheers.