PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoadaydanny

Lurker
Aug 16, 2011
They're always good for a laugh:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Cortez was that clip real?

If it was we are all in great trouble!!!

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I think with all the lunacy that seems to be coming from all these government agencies now, they are staying hydrated by drinking something other than water for sure! :lol:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Duh?!?! Drinking water makes you pee. And peeing causes dehydration. It's only common sense.
And not only that. Consider all the children who could drown every year because of second hand water. I'm sure it's in the thousands and it costs tax payers money.
Something should be done.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Ya can't make chicken salad out of chicken s##t!And to think these are the "Best & Brightest!

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Considering some of the stone age ignorance that come from American Senators and Congressional reps and from government high ups all over the world, brains and education may be a handicap for government officials of every persuasion.

Jul 15, 2011
I would like to alert you all to a new and dangerous substance that is plaguing planet Earth, and it is known as Dihydrogen Monoxide. This substance can be found in the rain, on the ground, and even in the plumbing system of your own home. It has been known to cause horrible afflictions such as excessive sweating, frequent urination, and excess saliva production. I urge you to stop this terrible substance from being spread all over our planet!
:?

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Well - to cut 'em a little slack - down at the end of the article is this quote from a Prof. Brian Radcliffe of the Nutrition Society:
“This claim is trying to imply that there is something special about bottled water which is not a reasonable claim.”
When you look at it that way - they've go a point. Bottled water doesn't hydrate you better than tap water. We all know that if they were allowed to put that on bottled water, some ad agency for some bottled water company would be claiming that their water is better for you than regular water, and that you aren't looking out for your health properly if you aren't drinking their water at $2 (or the equivalent thereof) per bottle. And there's folks that are gullible enough to fall for that.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Consider all the children who could drown every year because of second hand water.
Good one. :rofl:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm with you Pipe Novelist.

But, you forgot a few of the hazards associated with that substance.

1) it is highly corrosive

2) it can be fatal if inhaled.

3) in its crystalline form it causes widespread discoloration of the environment.

4) also when in its crystalline form it can be collected and packed into balls which in turn have been used as missiles to very bad effect.

5) in its solid form when applied to sidewalks driveways, and roads has been known to cause broken bones and dented fenders.

Nasty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.