PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I think it's just the nature of a man no matter how old he is to enjoy attention from a young lady.Yesterday I had lunch at a local eatery.They have a couple tables outside for a smoking area.(Here in the land of the free we're not allowed to smoke inside such places) I sat down to enjoy the sunshine and smoke a bowl.That's when it all started..A good looking young lady walked up smiled and told me that she really liked the smell of my pipe tobacco.Then just when I was feeling really good about myself she told me that it reminded her of her grandfather.My wife thought it was really funny.Especially since I had just gotten a senior discount on my lunch.Some things about getting old are pretty frustrating.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I knew I was getting old when I realized one morning I needed to shave my ears. :)

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I knew I was getting old when I stopped looking at the girls on the school bus and started looking at the lady bus drivers. :lol:

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
she told me that it reminded her of her grandfather
Should have told her you were keeping the gentlemen tradition alive
With a wink and the gun

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I hate when people way older than me call me Sir...
Puffy, at least you have pretty young women chatting you up out of the blue!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
A good pipe... a discount on your lunch... attention from a young lady.
Don't be frustrated! It sounds like a great day to me.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Ace, I remarked to my boss a while back after a woman and her teenage daughter walked by, "How old should I feel when I just realized I'm checking out the mom?"

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
grandpa.png

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Haha, Puffy's still got it!
If you ask me my opinion though, a person can be old in more than one way. Everybody's body gets old, there's nothing special about that. You can be an old timer and still be young at heart.
I think you're truly old when a child points out your mistake, and you find that they're right.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I bet you are more high tech and hip than that young lady. Posting threads on a forum! Puffy you're a baller!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I remember taking my mom to lunch a few years back (in her 80's) and got a senior discount.

Told the check out girl "thanks for doing that for my mom" she told me she didn't notice my mom.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I am only 40 and I am seeing the first signs when music and movies that are 10 years old still seem brand new to me or as if they are form the current period. I look at this as a good thing as now it feels like time is almost standing still even as my body changes my mind is happy to be where it's at. :)

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I can identify with that. Back around 2004 some of us were talking about the way the downtown area had changed and I brought up how I loved it when the 1982 World's Fair was here and how I had a season pass and would walk down there twice a week around lunch time and spend the rest of the day. One of the girls said, "1982, I wasn't even born yet". I sure wasn't going to ask her if she recalled B&W TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.