PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
As I was sitting at my desk this morning working on a pipe and cup of joe I thought about the evolution of my refurbishing space from where I started (at the kitchen table) and now to the mini shop in the corner of our bedroom.My wife is very lenient.It's not much an antique letter desk and hand built organizer from spare wood on top.Everyone has his or her space for their projects.I'd like to see some of yours.

Here's my space I can close it up for when the Mrs is sick of looking at it.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
A picture of the laundry room in the unfinished portion of my basement is not so attractive to look at. That is where I work on all my horror costumes, a hobby of mine.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm in the basement laundry room also,half of it anyway. The old woman won't let me move the washer and dryer to the garage, so as I buy more tools they have to go to the garage.

laundry-room-shop-4-17-15-2015-04-17-002-1280x719-600x337.jpg

laundry-room-shop-4-17-15-2015-04-17-003-1280x719-600x337.jpg

laundry-room-shop-4-17-15-2015-04-17-004-1280x719-600x337.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
These shots are several years old---I've upgraded and added quite a bit of stuff since they were taken, including a small Atlas lathe---but you get the idea. My HOUSE is my shop. I'm like one of those Japanese sushi or martial arts students who sleeps on a mat in the corner, eats a bowl of rice a day, and tries to please his stone-faced sensei the rest of the time. (My sensei is the pursuit of perfection. He never, ever rests, and never misses a thing. A right bastard, in fact.)
But I wouldn't have it any other way. :lol:
zjuqoi.jpg

1070uvt.jpg

zwgw8h.jpg

4q2d82.jpg

30xiyr4.jpg

ruv2ae.jpg

o0a15y.jpg

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I'm mighty envious of you gents! Myself I live in an apartment and as of now my still very humble collection resides in a space in the bookshelf.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Ok, this answered one question for me. I was toying with the idea of refurbishing pipes but this thread has convinced me that it would become another pre-occupation that devour space and time. My fly-tying station has already consumed more space than I imagined would ever be needed.
Pax

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
8O

Result is proportional to time, resources and effort invested to achieve that, no wonder great workers for pipe restoration and 'amateur' (most of the time) pipe makers are hiding behind their avatars in this internet pipe community!

:worship:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Ok, this answered one question for me. I was toying with the idea of refurbishing pipes but this thread has convinced me that it would become another pre-occupation that devour space and time.
You really don't need a shop full of tools etc to refurbish pipes. Actually the only power tool I consider to be almost mandatory is a buffer. I do other things in my shop such as fixing the old womans vacuum cleaner and the grand kids toys and once in a great while I make a pipe or a tamper.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I was going to post a picture of my workshop, a.k.a our old computer desk in the mancave, until I seen ejames, smooth, and georged's and set up.
Great topic!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
@ Georged, That workshop is the most awesome and impressive and clean and organized I've ever seen. I'm sure it took you years to get it that way. Way to go, man! I have thought, (fantasized) about a shop in the house, but it just will not happen, (think, wife here).

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Smooth sailing, if your wife let's you have that set up in the bedroom, does she have any single sisters?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I can't stop looking at George's pics...Just so cool...Love the double bench set up in front of the fireplace...Shows where his priorities lay.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
Darthcider-I think it was more of a trade off she wanted her kitchen back and we live in a small 2 bedroom home no basement (Way too cold in NY to work out side)She's good with it as long as the drill press,sanders and other power tools stay in the shed.

For a while I built tattoo machines out of our kitchen boy was she happy when I sold that off.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
image.jpg2.jpg
[/url][/img]

I'm just getting started in resto and a super green horn at pipe creating. This is my small 10x20 add on off the garage that makes a right nice shop and a great smoke den for the winter:)

Status
Not open for further replies.