PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
I'd be very interested to hear how you guys go about preparing/packing a kit for when out and about. Things like means of lighting, how you carry your day's backy supply,, other accessories etc etc.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This is a waxed duck canvas that holds everything. The striped baccy pouch belonged to my grandfather.
[url='http://i.imgur.com/X6UWRCr' t=_self]
X6UWRCr.jpg'
[/url]

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/please-show-me-your-pipe-bags

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Sometimes, I just pre-pack a couple of pipes and put them in my jacket pocket, especially if I am just going to be out for a little while. I figure one pipe per hour, if smoked slow and smoldering.
Yeah, I see on the 'Show me your pipe bags' thread that a few others don't bother with bags/pouches etc.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Pipe in my mouth or pocket, pouch in another pocket, Bic, pocket knife in pants pocket. If I'm gonna be out working for a few days, a pipe or two in the camera bags with a couple of tins and sleeves of cleaners. Tampers are always my fingers. One or another will fit every bowl I have.

upnorth1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
As an occasional smoker, several times a week, I don't bring it with me. I like having that first smoke home when I've been away for a while. I'm leaving for Vietnam Monday, travelling down through Cambodia and finishing up in Thailand so I'll be gone several weeks. First smoke back with a dark & stormy will be yummy!

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
judcasper: I absolutely take that out with me. S'the whole point of the thing. Rack, pipes, tobaccos, accessories, work surface, ashtray with cork knocker all-in-one! I call it the SCuSA for Self Contained 'ut the huse' Smoking Apparatus. Available for viewing and ordering at the Chicago Show!

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
For a day or two, I'll usually take 2-3 cobs and roll pouch of codger burley, along with a Czech tool and a bic. I usually just stick it all in the door compartment of my truck, and then grab the lot whenever I want a smoke. If I'm out and about where I can't get to my truck easily, then I'm probably fishing, canoeing, hiking, camping, or the like. In that case, I've always got some sort of bag to stuff it all in.
My on-the-go arrangement is obviously not very interesting, but it's functional. I keep the nice briars, jarred tobacco, and tins at home, unless I'm traveling for a few days or more. In that case, I pick a couple briars, a couple cobs, and a few jars, etc. and put them all in a modestly sized canvas and leather messenger bag, which I call my "pipe bag."

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I carry one of these as my day bag to and from work:
61oHl3iZhAL._SL1000_.jpg

Inside that I keep pretty much everything I don't want to carry in my pockets and when I had a full beard, that was a relief because I was always trying to tote around a beard comb, balm, oil, chapstick, lighters, tampers, tobacco, wallet, keys, and all sorts of other random crap. Just stuff I might need during my day.
Inside that, I now tote around my newest pipe roll:
photogrid_1535994502752-480x600.jpg

Occasionally I'll toss in a ziplock baggie full of this or that that I only have a bowl or two left of just to smoke it up, since I've likely replaced it with a new tobacco in the jar it was held in.

Status
Not open for further replies.