PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardrum

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2011
I just picked up a couple from a local RYO for 1.95 Ea. I thought they might be good for my 15 min breaks at work. I figured for the price if they are awful I'm not out much. Anyone have any thoughts about or experience with these little guys?

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Never smoked one, but I had one as a "toy" when I was a kid. I'm told that at an early age I always had a cob in my mouth, go figure!
They just look too small to be good for much of anything to me. For a short smoke, I'd rather just partially fill one of my normal sized pipes. But to each his own.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
You could also smoke half a bowl also if you don't have the time for a full bowl. (Sorry didn't mean to chime when it was already answered.)

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
there is a lot of great pipes out there with small bowls i have a kaywoodie #29 std, real small bowl it works great,

fine them on e-bay cheep 10-16 $$ hope this help's and ur smoking briar

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I have a few MM minis, and find them quite handy. One regular and one mini stashed in my bag-that's-always-packed for when I have to jet out the door country, a couple in my desk for trying an odd blend or what have you, and a couple unsmoked for those times when an inexperienced friend comes over and wants to try smoking a pipe. Word on the street is they're coming out with some nifty little nosewarmers in the spool shape soon too.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
The smallest cob I've smoked is the Eaton, and it's good for a quick smoke, and I feel that's the smallest smokable cob made. Yes, the Minis can also be smoked, but I think they're made more as a novelty.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I have one its ok in a pinch, but b=very hard to clean the stem . so not worth the effort imo. Like the others say if you want a quick smoke just half fill the bowl

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I bring a couple of my minis to my local B&M to taste baccy. That way I won't foul my Country Gent for no good reason!

wardrum

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2011
Thanks Gents for your opinions. I have tried the half bowl the only problem is carrying it all day. I work in retail and do a lot of stocking shelves and all that good stuff and have found that one of the minis fit in an altoids can plus some baccy so that might be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.