PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Long ago, when I was first starting pipe smoking, I remember trying all sorts of tobaccos - aros and non-aros. Remember Royal Yacht, Amphora, Captain Black White, Sail, etc., but one seems to stand out in my memory that I have yet to try again, now that I'm revisiting the pipe - Mac Baren's Symphony.
I think it must have been at least palatable to some degree since I recall buying it more than once. Not sure if I should go there again as I've found some very nice aros to smoke while some of my non-aros age in Mason jars.
(McClelland #5100 Virginia is another new one mentioned here a lot that has piqued my interest, but not sure if I'll like VAs.)
Any of you smoke Symphony? And your thoughts? Opinions?

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I again smoked some the other day. Good plain VA/Bur with the typical McBaren tangy VA note and the potential to bite if blazed through. A good one-dimensional smoke, nothing to sit there and reflect on what flavour will come through next.

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
This was a regular for me, love it. I'm more in to variety now and don't have regulars. Good value.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
MacBaren Symphony is one of my favorites and has been for years. Maybe it's just the familiarity since I've smoked it ever since my long-ago college days, but it's sort of a "comfort food" pipe tobacco for me. A nice blend of Virginia and burley that's easy to smoke and, if sipped slowly, can be a real treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.