PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
For me, the after-dinner smoke is always enjoyable.

However, my first bowl of the day, with coffee after breakfast, might be my favotite smoke of the day.

Usually, the Prince is my preference, a friendly and familiar companion, and a warm cup of coffee seems to enhance its flavor.

Now it's time for another cup...and another bowl.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
If I could only smoke once a day it would have to be after everyone else has gone to bed....with the television off and in total silence, I can enjoy a little quiet time with the angels and saints.

sjolie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2011
I have to agree with the "late night crowd". I'm pretty much an evening smoker (not by choice but dictated by family and work schedule).

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
I enjoy the pipe all day.... But As the topic suggests.. MY favorite time is probably at my desk with a cup of joe..getting started for the days madness.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
As Lee Van Cleef said, I believe in, A few Dollars More " Uh, uh, first I eat, then I smoke", after a good meal is always a great time for a good pipe. Of course with a good cup of joe too

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I smoke at all times of the day but, if I had to pick a fav. it would be the after dinner smoke. To me it seems a fine tobacco just completes a good meal.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Guess I'm mainly an "after meal guy".......but my before breakfast cob with fruit juice breaks the rule.... :puffy:

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
In keeping with the subject of this thread I thought some of you might enjoy this.
The Song of the Pipe
When the night air is shading ’round you,

And the lake is lying still;

When you hear the evening tuning,

Of the lonely whippoorwill;

When the woods are big and silent,

And the world seems all at rest;

And the cheerful fire is blazing,

Then your good old pipe is best.
When you are tired out from tramping,

Through the winding forest ways;

And you’ve had your trout and coffee,

And you dream of future days;

When you sit close to the fire,

Then the time is surely ripe;

With the owl’s bark resounding,

To fill up the good old pipe.
When the dreary rain is falling,

And the world is wet and gray;

When the loon’s long, dismal holler,

Rolls out clear and dies away;

When the woods are all adripping,

From the alder to the oak;

Then just lay back in your chair,

And hit good old pipe, and smoke.
-Earle P. Stafford

briarboy

Lurker
Dec 29, 2010
I like to relax in the evening with one of my favorite pipes, a great blend, and puff all my cares away. I've tried smoking in the morning but it just doesn't work for me. I smoke a pipe to chill out and wind down so it doesn't make much sense at the start of the day when I need to be as alert as possible.
Also, if I'm not working, I'm partial to catching up with some pipe-smoking buddies for an afternoon drink and a pipe.

mauro

Lurker
Jan 9, 2011
Mi piace fumare la pipa in mezzo alla natura come Tommy :D anche in casa in poltrona, ma si con voi amici :puffy:

ciao a Tommy,briarboy,hilo..,jwp159,juri66,bowh.. e gli altri :eek:
-----------
[Translated]
It appeals to me to smoke the pipa in the middle of the nature like Tommy also in house in seat, but with friendly you hello to Tommy, briarboy, hilo. , jwp159, juri66, bowh. and the others

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Every bowl is enjoyable, but I would say I get the most pleasure from my mid-evening smoke; usually my son has gone to sleep, my wife has buried her nose in marking, giving me the opportunity to fire up my turn-table, select a good book, and settle in for a couple of hours.
On occasion (particularly when I am smoking something aromatic), the wife will join me for this smoke, which brings a different kind of enjoyment all together.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I Dont smoke around my kids so it is later when I smoke but to me after a good meal a smoke always taste best

Status
Not open for further replies.