PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
I have seen many of your favorite pipes,highly prized,rare and beautiful pieces. How about your old friend the one you reach for more often then not. Maybe it's been knocked around a bit but it fits just right like an old worn pair of slippers.

Mine is an old Imported Briar with a silver band that dates it to 1950s Birmingham, it's one of the first pipes I cleaned up years ago.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have an old Dr. Grabow Savoy that gets more than it's fair share of use. I've damn near gnawed the button down flush, so I used a needle file to re-profile it. Ugly, yes, but just as comfortable as ever.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
All my pipes are beaters of this nature, although not as distinguished as the particular pipe you have pictured. The tin of Royal Yacht increases my enjoyment of this picture.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I started smoking a pipe in May of 2014. That first pipe still works, and seems to have improved with age. I realize that my skill has too.

It's not very handsome to look at. It's a Missouri Meerschaum Kentucky Legend. I guess that could be called my old reliable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Three that reach back 35 to 40 years, two unfinished (wow now they are deeply finished) Savenellis, one stamped the other not, a straight billiard with a tapered stem, and a zulu 404, and the first pipe I bought, probably a Chacom house pipe stamped Tinder Box St. Ives, a bent pot with a vertical saddle stem, unique and striking, a sitter, and still smokes perfectly. I don't smoke them enough and am always glad when I do. If I found these at a flea market, I'd feel like I'd hit the jackpot. Nicely kept too!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
For the longest time my favourite pipe was a Brigham Mountaineer 384, a nice Volcano. Recently it has been edged out ever so slightly by a Peterson Aran 6 Billiard. The Peterson just speaks to me a bit more lately. :puffy:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Seems like I should favor the pipes I've had the longest, but about a year and half ago, I bought a second hand Craig Cooper made in 2009 that I come back to more than any other pipe I've ever owned. Just a plain straight billiard, a little longer than average, but it is one of my favorite smoking pipes of all time.

img_00069-600x407.jpg

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
This Falcon that's fitted with a rustic Hyperbole. It has never given me a bad smoke though I have smoked bad tobacco out of it.

IMG_20150830_111243245.jpg

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
This is my baby.If there was a nuclear blast and i had to leave home in a hurry,i'd grab this pipe with me (well along with couple others if i can).It is a BBB Christams Pipe from 1989.It's not an expensive pipe,but it is my favourite pipe.I even went as far as to send it over to the BBB factory in England,to have a new original stem fitted when the original started to get too loose.It is simply made of good briar and tastes superb.

20150917_1546550_zpsewgey5pi.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Code:

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Smoothsailing: Thanks !! How'd you do that? Your pipe is quite nice too, love the silver band and the bulldog shank. You can tell it's a trusty just by looking at it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.