PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
Sometimes I see a really good deal on a pipe, other times I seriously wonder how you can justify paying some of those prices. It pays to shop around. So I'd like to know, when you get the urge to hunt for a new pipe, what are your go-to vendors? Who has the better selections? The better prices? What rocks are you looking under?

P.S. I did not see any rule about explicitly talking about vendors. Some forums forbid this, to keep away from member-advertising. If I've broken a rule with this post, please let me know.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'd suggest that you check out briarblues and pulverspriorbriar if you are open to estates, though Marty Pulver also is carrying new pipes as well. Both are straight arrows and prices are great. Otherwise, smokingpipes.com for both estates and new. There are more, but those come to mind.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Smokingpipes.com for me! They’re just an outstanding company on every level.
I’ll compare prices and pipes with some other favorites;

4 Noggins

Cup O Joes

P&C

GQ

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
+1 hawky...with them you can count on quality and excellent service. To me it is worth paying a little more and doing business with them

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Another mention for Smokingpipes.com; they're awesome and well-informed about their products.
I also shop at Pipes & Cigars since they are always running good deals on bulk and tins.
I enjoy looking at the Danish Pipe Shop's website; they seem to be doing things right across the pond, but I've yet to get anything from them.
One final mention re where to shop for pipes, right here on this forum! I've been lucky enough to snag a 1947 BBB bullcap prince as well as an awesome Dr Grabow Eldorado. Thanks to the members selling sweet pipes for us newbies to enjoy!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
SPC, you get the pipe pictured, prices are great, and service is second to none.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
While I love Smokingpipes.com, If I'm looking for Italian pipes I go to Noli Tabacchi and other Italian shops ( cant give away ALL my secrets!). Briar Blues is a favorite! I know any pipe I get from Mike will be solid, well cared for, and exactly as described! It's hard to beat Marty Pulver's prices.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I’ve had great experiences with blueroombriars, alpascia, lepipe, bollitopipe, danishpipeshop, scandpipes, in addition to several vendors already listed. Banjo is the real pipe hunter on this board, IMO. His posts are often filled with referrals to obscure pipeshops with lottsa goodies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Okay, since bigpond outed some of my lesser known spots, Ill throw in a couple more. Novelli.it, Floppypipe.it, pipeshop-lanzola.it

I've found that I get the best deal from the Danish makers if I just buy a house there in Denmark, so that when I want a pipe, I can just take the jet there and then shop like a local. :puffy:
I shop for the style and shapes before price ever crosses my mind. Hell my daily legal fees barely cost me the price of a pipe. :puffy:

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I like Smokingpipes estate pipes. They have great picture and great descriptions. What I get from them is in good condition. I take comfort in buying from them. Clear and direct site to order from.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Okay, since bigpond outed some of my lesser known spots, Ill throw in a couple more. Novelli.it, Floppypipe.it, pipeshop-lanzola.it
Hey it’s fair play. Everyone on my list has been a site sponsor.
That reminds me has anyone made a recent purchase from the “new” neatpipes?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

smokingpipes

pipestud

4noggins

iwanries

perettis

mccranies

wasnsfisher

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2017
Well guys, when i used to frequent this site previously, I took a liking to Mr Brog's pipes. At that time he was a sponser. Over a period of a year I bought 7 of his pipes and they ALL smoked well with NO issues. Very affordable and nice looking as well. Hmmm, now I have the urge to look him up again.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I'll give a shout out to another site sponsor, Blue Room Briars. I've bought three estates from them. They were all in excellent, perfectly clean condition. When I had a question about one, I got a very informed response from Co-Founder and General Manager Scott Townsend. Definitely worth checking out.
https://www.blueroombriars.com/
:)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Any of the site sponsors are good. Some I consider better than others like smokingpipes.com and alpascia.com. Certain pipes are unbelievably cheaper in Europe than here IE Dunhills. Then alpascia.com is the one.
Oh and James Fox aka Pipe Divan has great prices on Peterson pipes.
Also there's a small shop in Florida by the name of thepipenook.com
For estates and some vintage tobacco be sure to check out pipestud.com
I have to say there's one site sponsor here that I refuse to buy from but I won't name names.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Echoing others -- SPC, Iwan Ries, P&C, 4noggins. I've had good luck with other erstwhile sponsors and other online retailers. I've also made continuous purchases over the years with my local independent B&M, Pipes by George, and from my state-centric regional carver Jerry Perry. The "big" online retailers offer serious savings on sales and excellent customer service. I also have made a number of purchases at the TAPS pipe show in Raleigh, N.C. Some of my best pipes and blends have been gifts. The late carver Bob Hayes gave me an astonishing low price on a beautiful rusticated bamboo shank Dublin at his final TAPS show in Raleigh. My first pipe and blends came from Tinderbox at the local mall; I still have the pipe, looks and smokes fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.