PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Wondering which GL Pease blend is your favorite. I've read many good things about these tobaccos and the Old London Series is really appealing to me. I'm a big fan of latakia and dark fired kentucky. I know I'll probably get many recommendations and welcome all of your input. Thanks in advance!

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I love the Piccadilly for the daytime and sunshine, and Abingdon for the evening or driving. Those are my two go to's. Both have latakia, no kentucky though.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Thanks for the rec's. Abingdon definitely intrigues me. I'll look up Piccadilly.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
For Dark Fired, I love the Jack Knife and Triple Play and for Latakia Quiet Nights and Gaslight

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Cobguy, thanks for the tips. Jack knife seems right up my alley. Though I'm not sure I'd be into Triple Play as much because I'm not really a perique fan. The others you mention are definitely on my must try list.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Eegads!!! I always have at least one GLP blend in the top 5 rotation since I first learned of him/them... It started with Lagonda several years ago. Then Haddos... then Cairo... then then then then... Right now SixPence sits on one side of the fence and Quiet Nights on the other... with GasLight hanging in for variety, and Triple Play for fun... Oh No! With all this new FDA crap&rigamarrolla and PEEAYs eville Governor back pedaling to wanting 40% tax on premium bakkie products, TAD is beginning to spasm!! I can't choose just one!! Must get them all!!! Then the Standard Bakkie of Peeay Blends!!! I'm doomed!!! Doomed, I say!!

kyohan

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
After the FDA regs were announced last week I make a quick list of the tobacco blends I need to stock for the coming zombie apocalypse and found that I really like a lot of Greg's blends. My list (in no particular order) is: Chelsea Morning, Gaslight, Key Largo, Lagonda, Maltese Falcon, Sextant, Sixpence, Meridian, and Westminster with my current favorite being Sextant.
So much tobacco, so little money.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Both of my favorite Pease blends contain no Dark Fired. One contains a wee bit of Latakia IIRC. Telegraph Hill is a very enjoyable ribbon cut VaPer. That is followed closely by Cairo. If I was limited to blends with Latakia, I would favor Samarra.
Mike S.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Thanks very much for all the recommendations so far. Seems like i'm going to have a hard time picking just one. Maybe 4-5 would be more like it. Anyone like Abingdon?

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Samarra is my favorite but I like several others too. Odyssey and Quiet Nights are among my other top picks.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Haddo's Delight hands down, other than that I'm not a big fan of his line. I enjoy Maltese Falcon and thought it was the cats meow several years ago but my lust has since faded.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Love every one I've tried!
Not sure I can name a top one, but the ones that come to mind are Chelsea Morning, Quiet Nights, Lagonda, Maltese Falcon, Meridian, Westminster.
Barbary Coast is a great burley blend, Key Largo is nice for a change with cigar leaf.
OK, I guess my favorites at Maltese Falcon, Lagonda, and Westminster, and Barbary Coast. Westminster has been one of my "big jar" blends for years, but this past year I fell in love with the Falcon and Lagonda.
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE ONLY ONE!!!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sixpence, Meridian, Sextant, Navigator, and Jack Knife Plug are always welcome in my cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.