PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
What countries pipes get you hot and bothered, or I suppose cool and sipping?
Italy takes the cake for me. Il Duca, Radice and even good ole Savinelli have all done me well (there's Castello but I don't have much experience with them). England has Dunhill and France has Chacom but the Italian trio seals the deal for me.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Good answers indeed. Talbert is my favorite pipe maker and I would do unspeakable things to lay hands on a specific few of his Halloweens.
I should also point out that style was a large part of my metric. For me, a great smoker with style will always trump it's uglier cousin.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
US is the short answer. I have 2 Cayuga briars from Paul's pipe shop, 4 different MM cobs and 1 (recently purchased) Rick Black Poker. Yes, I have 2 Pete's and 1 Sav, but made in the US means something dear to me. All of my US pipes are excellent smokers and I plan on supporting more carvers here in the future.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
pipeguy wrote; Italy. Cars, food, wine, women and pipes. One stop shopping.
I'll add suits & shoes to that list. I much prefer Canali or Brioni over any other suit hanging in my closet.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
90% of my collection are British made pipes, the other 5% American made. I have a British car and motorcycles, so that seemed like a natural direction.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Very easy question for me, DENMARK. With the fine pipes of Lars Ivarsson, Peder Jeppesen, Poul Ilsted, Tom Eltang, Karl Erik, Erik Nording, Winslow, Stanwell, WO Larsen, Bjarne, etc. This list goes on and on!
I'd say 75% of my personal collection are from Danish pipe makers.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
just call me a shameless expatriate.
my last 3 pipes were a savinelli, a stanwell and the obligatory mm cg...my next will be a peterson spigot or mount.
and I haven't even gotten to meerschaum yet.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Definitely Denmark for me as well. Eltang designed Stanwell's are the closest I can come to pipe perfection.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Britain all the way. I couldn't get by without my GBD, Comoy, Ashton, Ferndown, Rattray (of Perth, shop or Oppenheimer made) John Cotton or Charatan pipes.
That said I also have a great affinity for French pipes of old like the French made GBDs, BCs, Chacoms and especially the fabulous no names of the '50s, huge classic shapes with no stamps other than 'Made in France' and 'Algerian Briar.'

Status
Not open for further replies.