PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
What's your favorite MM cob pipes? Post images if you like. This is an Aluminum shank vintage pipe from MM. Not sure of it's true age. I have around 12 MM cobs so I decided to part with this one on eBay.
mmmm1-600x450.jpg

mmmm3-600x450.jpg

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
That really is a nice example, Durham. I wonder how that aluminum shank affects the taste?
I have a decent collection of MoMeers, but I favor the Diplomat shape. I have often thought about customizing them, maybe with a bamboo shank, or staining. I have smoothed the bowls on several, trying to make them look a little more classy, but I'll never be at :worship: SmokingDragon's level.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I have a dozen regular MMs that I customized myself with some paint here, decals there. Nothing too fancy. Recently received 2 CobSnob pipes and I have to admit, the Apple shaped bowl is my favorite.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I have three MM Washington Straights. I smoke these pipes more than any of my Barling's or Peterson's. I have one for Frogs, one for 1Q, and one for EMP. Easy on the teeth, and they go anywhere and everywhere.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My favorite MM corn cob would be my Diplomat, but I just got a MM Morgan cob. Still has the apple shape like the Diplomat, but its a shorter pipe. It might just become my new favorite cob.
I can't believe how many cobs I have gathered in the last 2 months or so. I had my bent General which was later followed by a straight 5th Ave. I had those for a while as my only two cobs. However, I recently ordered my Diplomat, then ordered a grab bag of cobs and then was gifted another Legend and the Morgan. In all I now have 8 for myself and another 7 that I have for my poker buddies for a total of 15 cobs. I think I have enough for now.

mobeasto123

Lurker
May 12, 2013
I have 6 different, But i have to admit that my prefered one is my Diplomat Bent apple shape.. But all of them somke really well. It's the feel in my hand I prefer with the Diplomat.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I have several MMs in my rotation - Country Gentlemen, Legends and a "hardwood.". The Legend Straight become my favorite pipe, among a couple Savs, a Peterson and a Capri. I love the low-maintenance aspect. They smoke great. And, I am a Missourian!

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I need to try a Pony Express. That will be my next. Thanks for the suggestion.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for this nudge, gentlemen, just picked up a Walker "forever stem" due to your gushing! o)
Also, that aluminum stem is very cool.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have an Eaton that I love so much that I just bought a second for a back up. Heck at $3 each I may get two more?

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
It appears like everything else the quality has gone down over the years. I have old and new examples fro MM. The newer ones are a pale comparison in quality.

flippinbird87

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2012
I tend to enjoy my MM Missouri Pride pipes the most. I find that they smoke cooler than most of my other pipes. I tend to think it is because of the unfinished kernels around the outside of the bowl. To me I believe they act like computer heat-sinks and distribute the heat and thus keep the bowl cool. This is needed for me since I tend to be a puffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.