Tags:  No tags yet. 

Your Aromatic Bombs!

(31 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by napulitano215
  • Latest reply from The Pipe Monk
  1. napulitano215

napulitano215

Login to Send PM

Interested to see what Very very strong Aromatics you own that you can list and share.

I have Molto Dolce I think it's pretty strong as well as BCA , 1Q. That's all for now I'm still green.

What others are wow bombs

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

anchovyd

Login to Send PM

Finally a thread I can relate to. Two of the strongest aromatics are Molto Dolce and Very Cherry.

Molto Dolce especially about halfway through the bowl seems to turn into a warm caramel milkshake with vanilla ice cream. It just gets so thick and so creamy and so sweet it is almost too much at times. It is like eating cheese cake. I smoke a couple of bowls just about every fortnight. Smoking it daily might give me the diabetes. Also while the aroma is nice, the smoke is so thick that after a while the room note gets cloying and my wife ends up complaining whereas something lighter like 1Q gets nothing but compliments.

Lane's Very Cherry is also a super strong cherry. I also like a cherry blend every now and then but Very Cherry ain't it. It tastes like the syrupy chocolate covered cherries that you get at Christmastime but it is too strong and the flavor is too aggressive, attacking tongue and taste buds alike with a singleminded fervor that ultimately brings despair and despondence to the smoker. So while I am not a big fan of it, I must concede to its aromatic power. A much better cherry blend is TK-6 from Lane. Mr. Lane wasn't so heavy handed with the cherry juice filled Super Soaker and the blend is much more smokeable than Very Cherry. TK-6 is my go to cherry blend. But if you need to maximize your antioxidants, Very Cherry should fill the bill.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

C&D's Autumn Evening to me is a strong aromatic, it even has some nicotine strength (medium).

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. hakchuma

hakchuma

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Autumn Evening had such a strong tin note that I decided not to even smoke it for a week after opening it. It nearly curled my belly. Even passed the tin around and many said it was too much. A week later I got the nerve to smoke it and it was a very pleasant smoke. But I'm just not the kind of fella that wants to walk around smelling like a Denny's patron at 1:45 AM.

I want a more mysterious aro bomb that is unfamiliar yet alluring. I think Hearth & Home Mohawk River, and Drew Estate Central Park have achieved this.

Bull Run has to be the easiest aromatic to smoke for a fair price.

Still looking for others.

"From tempers be it known that we are warm in the fields of battle and cool in the hours of debate"

- Pushmataha, Choctaw Chief
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpiper

Login to Send PM

Macbaren Original Choice
    Macbaren Seven Seas Black
    Lanes RLP-6
    Room note and taste superb with these.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. napulitano215

napulitano215

Login to Send PM

Nice guys thanks for sharing I will try all mentioned. And look forward to reading more input

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. plugugly

plugugly

Login to Send PM

Yes, thanks for the info. Aeros are nice but info on them is a bit lacking.

Plugugly

Lead,Follow-Or Get Out Of The Way!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  8. moses

Moses

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't know if it qualifies as an aro bomb, but H&H Classic Burley Kake has become one of my favorite bystander-friendly smokes. Great mustache note, too. Highly recommended.

~seanMoses~
    Posted 3 years ago #
  9. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Vauen's Auenland has a strong peachy, citrus, vanilla thing going on. Wonderful to sip on, but will bite the hell out of you if pushed.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 3 years ago #
  10. buster

buster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you enjoy 1Q try Lanes Hazlenut. It seems so me like 1Q but with a nutty topping. Sutlif Maple Street, Mac Baren Seven Seas Royal.

Think slow, act fast.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  11. pylorns

James Foster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Aro Smokers Unite!
    Sutliff Pumpkin Spice, Taste of Autumn, Dan Tobacco: Blue Note.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll add Dan Tobacco's Devil's Holiday to the list.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. napulitano215

napulitano215

Login to Send PM

Nice I'm loving all the aro bomb recommendations

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

The Mac Baren Cube line - they are all very heavy on the casing but taste also of tobacco. they're just great!

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

GH&c Coconut Twist, it's a rope with a subtle but pleasant aroma of coconut. I will sometimes add a pinch of Molto Dolce to really make it a party.

Michael
    Posted 3 years ago #
  16. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really enjoyed Glynn Quelch's Christmas Blend last year. The 2014 blend has been discontinued but Glynn is working up the 2015 blend right now, and has once again built it on a base of Sliced Brown Twist. Highly recommended. I smoked this throughout the Christmas and New Year's period last year.

http://www.gqtobaccos.com/gq-blends-christmas-blend-2014/#.VhKEq-xVhBc

-- Pat

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

shutterbugg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I read "strong" I was thinking you meant full-bodied nic content, not strong as in smells like a subway car in rush hour with the A/C broken in 90 degree weather.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

meant full-bodied nic content, not strong as in smells like a subway car in rush hour with the A/C broken in 90 degree weather.

Typically when people say a strong aromatic they're referring to it being heavily topped with a flavor that is predominant in the taste. Usually the tobacco is in the background. I've yet to encounter an aromatic that really packs a nicotine punch like Escudo or Bold Kentucky. Those I have to have eaten something otherwise I get the sweats. Every aromatic I've had I can have on an empty stomach no problem.

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Usually the tobacco is in the background. I've yet to encounter an aromatic that really packs a nicotine punch like Escudo or Bold Kentucky

See the aforementioned Christmas Blend from GQ Tobacco. Looks like he just uploaded the 2015 blend for pre-order: http://www.gqtobaccos.com/pipe-tobaccos/gq-blends-christmas-blend-2015/#.VhKdEOxVhBc

It's not quite Bold Kentucky, but is certainly competitive from a nic perspective with VaPers.

-- Pat

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. napulitano215

napulitano215

Login to Send PM

I smoked Mac B's Vanilla Cream Flake one flake gave me a nic buzz big time which is strange I thought it was close to nic of 1 q or BCA strange

Posted 3 years ago #
  21. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've yet to encounter an aromatic that really packs a nicotine punch like Escudo or Bold Kentucky.

Royal Yacht or any of the aromatics by GH&co. Even their cherry will have you spewing gut chunks if you smoke it on an empty stomach. It's just those US and Danish candy maker tobacco companies who crank out those kiddie smokes with no nicotine content. Those English aromatics are a whole different ballgame.

Posted 3 years ago #
  22. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've avoided English aromatics like the plague after the horrifying event that was Ennerdale Flake.

Posted 3 years ago #
  23. aggravatedfarmer

aggravatedfarmer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Scotty's trout stream has been a favorite of mine.

Posted 3 years ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

shutterbugg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Royal Yacht or any of the aromatics by GH&co. Even their cherry will have you spewing gut chunks if you smoke it on an empty stomach.

I stopped liking RY but I never had any trouble smoking it on an empty stomach, in fact I used to smoke it when I got home from work, to relax before dinner. Currently I smoke Escudo at that time, and Nightcap usually before bed, hours after I've had dinner. Those are the right strength for me. Anything less is like smoking hot air.

Posted 3 years ago #
  25. napulitano215

napulitano215

Login to Send PM

How would you say C&D is compared to Boswells,Wilkes,McBaren? Pretty good tobacco house? Especially the aros

Posted 3 years ago #
  26. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not as a comparison, but judging them solely on their own virtues- C&D is an excellent tobacco house.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  27. okiescout

okiescout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think the original question is perhaps ambiguous. Are you asking about flavor or nicotine content? For instance: Molto Dolce is a very heavily top coated tobacco (to the point that it qualifies as a goopy aromatic) it is very light in nicotine content.

Condiment tobaccos such as latakia and perique will increase flavor without the need for heavy food flavoring. Many people like aromatics and many do not, or at least choose to smoke few aromatics. I just think the term flavor as you are using it can be misconstrued.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow."
    Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 3 years ago #
  28. okiescout

okiescout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Maybe it is just the way I read it

Posted 3 years ago #
  29. derfatdutchman

derfatdutchman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My favorite aromatic is Boswell's Bear Blend, to me it's one of the few aro's I've smoked where you can taste the tobacco.

"The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess, and there is no chance of getting more."
    Bismark
    Posted 3 years ago #
  30. rhoadsie

R

Login to Send PM

Pipeworks & Wilke No. 191

Posted 3 years ago #
  31. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mac Baren Navy Flake, SG FireDance Flake and Molto Dolce. I am itching to try some C&D Autumn Evening, Sutliff Maple Street and GH Rum Flake.

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   smudgersmissingleg, cshubhra, oldgeezersmoker, pitchfork, ashdigger, spartan99, 3rdguy, marc75, rodo, yohanan