Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
In moving my studio, which includes a lot of heavy machinery, like rolling mills, my work bench, vacuum machines, kilns, etc... I threw out a disk, and had to go to the ER the other day for a bulging disk and sciatica. Sciatica, I wish on no living being. It's up there with kidneys stones IMO. But, I've been drugged up with those horrid painkillers. Usually, I will not take them when prescribed because they really cloud my thinking, but in this instance, I preferred the pills to a bullet in eleviating the pain.

Although, I have found that War Horse plug and pain pils do not mix well. I have never felt seasickness like that before, and actually started throwing up like a kid after his first chaw of Redman chewing tobacco. Blech. So, I've been switching between Russ's Acadian Gold and Former's Private Stock, while laying in the floor of my livingroom, ha ha.
Anyways, I have received a few typical requests while out of commission. I have passed these on to the other mods, till I can be less muddled in my thinking. Please forgive me for not jumping on issues, but Al and Zack are who you should contact until I can stop these horrid painkillers. Hopefully, after the massage therapist gets to me tomorrow, I will be of more sound mind to better help you guys.
Remember to treat each other with kindness, Santa is watching, only make posts that will improve the discussions, and beware of the purple squirrels that escape through the shadows. Ha ha.
Anyways, be good, do good work, and no name calling. Now, I am going back to my place on the floor to keep shoving rags in the shadows to fight off the damned squirrels.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Mind yourself cosmic and we promise not to burn the house down in your absence.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Having suffered from brutal unrelenting back and radicular pain for extended periods, I have nothing but empathy for you. I did notice your absence and you were missed. As they say, get well soon

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Get well soon, keep up the good fight, the world needs a few less purple squirrels!

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
I feel your pain, get better soon!
I can hear you now..."Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?" "We can’t stop here. This is squirrel country!" :rofl:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
He's not purple but has attitude
funny-squirrel.jpg

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Good ones R and Davet!!
Yikes, Cosmic. I deal with those damnable pills every month. Once you learn the language of the squirrels, they will bring you tribute out of respect...nuts and berries and shiny objects they trade from the crows. They don't know they are purple, since they have no mirrors, so don't bring it up to them directly. Good luck and get better soon. Enjoy that ceiling of yours. :P

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A work place move and back trouble at the same time. It makes my troubles seem a little lighter. Take good care of yourself. You owe yourself.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. I've suffered a similar back injury and know the trail is not easy. Celebrate little steps, maybe with a pipe!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
You are very entertaining in your normal muddled state. More muddled might be even better. Give it a shot when you feel up to it.
Treat yourself right, take care and heal quickly.
I wish you and yours the merriest Christmas possible.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Get well soon, Michael!
Oh yeah ... if you chase the pain killers with a beer or two the nicotine won't swoon you so badly.
I KID, I KID!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.