PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Ahhh I just can't see anyone but Tim Curry as Pennywise. Has anyone read the book? I hadn't until last year, it was a bit fucked up.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Didn't see the Adult side of the story in this trailer. Is there a Part 2 or is this a half cocked rendition? Hollywood is running out of ideas.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
The book is a masterpiece. The made for TV two part miniseries was ok, but there is something about viewing somebody else's vision of this type of story that isn't as satisfying as creating your own vision while reading the book. What's terrifying for one person is laughable to another. When I saw the ending of the TV version I was extremely disappointed because the vision I had in my head was more terrifying that what I was viewing.
Tim Curry's Pennywise was more disturbing to me because most of the time he looked like a real clown...sort of. This current Pennywise is entirely monstrous, as shown in the clip. It's hard to tell from just that much. We'll see.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
@ perdurabo: This will be split into two films. Tim Curry left some mighty big clown shoes to fill but it looks like the new guy is up for the challenge. I like the Victorian style Pennywise will be depicted in this new film. Makes him seem much "older" and "ancient". I think that is more in line with King's vision from the novel. Also, the new film seems to have time shifted events to late 70's, early 80's for the kids (Stranger Things). I assume the adult part will take place in our current era. I'm looking forward to this reboot. Aside from Tim Curry, the original TV movie suffered a bit with casting, dialogue and general dreadfulness. Every time I see Richard Thomas, I just think "John Boy" and the whole thing collapses. :puffy:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yep the book and my mind create the ultimate Version.
But I love the minisieres. Great Bluray!

Status
Not open for further replies.