PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Here in Vegas we're under a heat advisory. Supposed to be 108F or hotter the next four or five days. Right now I'm sweating out about five pounds per bowl lol. Pray for us in the desert.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Nothing to laugh at with those temperatures... Stay safe in that heat.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been drinking about 48oz of plain water a lone a day. Also usually have about 24oz of Powerade too. Been in the desert for 13yrs, so I'm a bit of a veteran with heat.
It's basically the opposite of what you guys in other areas deal with in the winter.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
108 is like 10 am in Kandahar.
I had to do a convoy in uparmor (no opening windows) with the AC broken (Guys Suuntu watch said it was 140 in the cab) that lasted 4.5 hours.
Drink water. You'll be fine.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Surprised it's not hotter than that!
We're hitting 100F here at 5200 ft. in Prescott, AZ and 116F down in the valley.
Find some shade, a mister and lots of ice cubes! :)

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to find out why half of my house lose power. This is the side where the cooling is on. During the past few days of this heat wave the inside of the house has hit temps of over 100 degrees. While the outside temps have been 108° plus. It has been rough trying to stay cool. Thankfully the problem has been found and fixed. The house is starting to cool off bit it will take hours to do so. Here in the Southwest Deserts it can be a pain to be outside to smoke a bowl. With the heat in the bowl and the air temp being high trying to smoke cool and slow doesn't always happen.
Stay cool and dry

John

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Dang that's some kinda hot! A fat man like me would not be happy in the kind of heat! :(

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I'd quit before I had to go outside to smoke in the heat or cold. I'm build for the cold I'll take -15 over that kind of hot. Sunny and 75 here today. 8O

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
By July 4th we will be hitting on all 8 cylinders here. Not as bad as you have to deal with in Nevada though. Stay hydrated.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
It's been warm over here in Denver, too - which is a nice change from the cool, damp spring weather we'd been having. Nowhere near 108, though... Stay hydrated!

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I'd tell you what the weathers like here, but it's the Midwest--it changes every time I look out the window.
At those temps I'd set down the pipe and locate the nearest cantina for some cheap Mexican food and some overpriced frozen margaritas. It is the southwest, afterall!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I like it better than cold. No matter how hot it gets, you don't have to shovel the stuff !
Lonestar, as a close neighbor, on the North side of the Red, I agree completely. But I do like the change of seasons. I just moved a big box fan on to the deck so it will not be intolerable smoking out there next week.
Lordofthepipering, my heart goes out to you guys in the desert right now, but you get a nice break come winter don't you? I have never been out there in the winter.

May 4, 2015
Do you have a pipe club in Vegas? Nothing here in Reno. I had aspirations to get one going, but little response.

Status
Not open for further replies.