PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Well I've said it before that I have my PAD under control and wouldn't but anymore pipes.....WELL I FAILED AGAIN, THANKS TAX RETURN!!! I wanted a smaller pipe for when my fiancé and I go for walks with the dog, so I picked up this Savinelli Lolita 03. I love the rusticated look and overall size. At first I thought it would still be a little too long, but fits really well in my hand and I can almost completely cover it when I close my fist. Haven't been able to test it out yet, came last night and a little too windy outside during the walk. I picked it up through smokingpipes.com and got a free 3.5 oz tin of Savinelli Essenza Cipriota! Super excited to test this pipe out, I don't have a Savinelli but really like the look of their pipes. I think down the line Savinelli might be the estate pipe I'll try to find for my birth year!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Small pipes are definitely better for clenching and walking (or lunting, as walking with a pipe is called).

That's a handsome one. junkyarddawg, many Sav's come with an adaptor if you don't want to use the

balsa filters, and the Oscar Lucite line (at SPC among other online retailers) has no filter, nor does their

601 churchwarden. Forums members have reported that some Savs designed for filters smoke fine

without the filter or the adaptor. Also unfiltered and still available are Sav unfinished pipes, a few new,

but mostly now estate pipes.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
I've read some people on here say it's fine w/o the filter or adaptor
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/savinelli-6mm-to-non-filter-adapter

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I prefer my Sav's without the filter or adaptor, beautiful wide open draw that way. Nice pipe, love that rustication and I have a Sav poker in the same finish

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
I've been tempted to get one of those small Sav's as I like the rustication as well. Good choice.
I smoke all my Sav's without the filters too.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
????? :roll:
Nice pipe Khartman!
I prefer my Sav's without the filter or adaptor, beautiful wide open draw that way.
+11 ... perfect without it!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
I have one Sav purchased here through the forum and I adore it. It has one of the most comfortable bits I have ever smoked with. The balsa wood filter strikes me more as an absorber of moisture than anything. Not all the smoke is processed through it due to its triangular shape anyways. My Sav is the only briar I smoke with a filter and I actually don't mind it.
j/B

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
The balsa wood filter strikes me more as an absorber of moisture than anything. Not all the smoke is processed through it due to its triangular shape anyways. My Sav is the only briar I smoke with a filter and I actually don't mind it.
I second that, the balsa is only a moist absorber, not a filter.
Regarding your PAD-infection I can only say:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
booker: You have to learn to cut some of our members some slack. Some are victims of a less than adequate education. Others, did not pay attention while in school. Some here struggle with spelling and punctuation because English is not their primary language. Not a few are just too lazy to be bothered. Most are doing the best they can.
I've learned to over look grammar and spelling errors, especially as many are making valid points and/or asking reasonable questions. I certainly make my share, especially when my fingers move faster on the key board than my brain is operating. Trusting spell-check is not a solution as such apps are too easily confused.
The inability to correctly use capitalization still drives me over the edge now and then. I remind myself often that our membership spans the world and that content should be valued over presentation.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I hardly think an apology is in order the poster. I was just attempting to point out some of the problems different members may face when writing and trying to convey meaning.
The written word can be terribly ambiguous unless . . . great thought is used while composing and writing. You could be absolutely right in your interpretation. We on the forum sometimes forget the care and just respond, as if in a face to face conversation. It's sometimes all too easy to impart meaning which was not intended by the author.
I've had to rethink my opinion on the use of emoticons. Emoticons can be very useful in certain cases.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Newbie--> yeah the joy of "making too much to get refunds from student loan" and I don't own a home or really much of anything. Oh well, banking on a better return next year when my fiancé is tricked into marrying me in April and will be in a new home.
Actually was able to get a quick smoke in tonight after work. This is a great pipe and fits great in my hand. I left the filter in and I think I will give it a couple more rounds and then try it without the filter and see if I can tell the difference. I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll get the itch again and find another pipe, I've been creeping on the poker topic in the general pipe forum and have started thinking that will be my next pipe. I saw Boswell (who people seem to really like around here) is not far off the route my fiancé and I take to her family in Pitt. I've contemplated buying one from them or possibly custom order one. But again, I'll have to give it some time, I don't want to get yelled at by the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.