PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
This is my second order from smoking pipes and they are amazing. Great prices, consistent shipping times, and they even threw in 1 oz samples of Lane Tobaccos. The samples were a nice touch though they didn't really match the tenor the of the rest of the order which consisted of 1lb of C&D Three Friars, 2oz of C&D Haunted Bookshop that I have wanted to try for a while now and 3 new MM straight cob stems. The samples were both Lane, one was Black Raspberry and the other was Hazelnut. The Hazelnut seems intriguing but I'm a big skeptical of the Black Raspberry. I will give them both a shot and see how they go.
Thank you Smokingpipes.com. You are amazing.

rustycolt

Lurker
Jul 13, 2013
Canada
Canadian friendly ordering, and I love the SPC "exclusive" selections. Tons and tons of bulks to choose from, and available in 1oz increments so you never overbuy. The smaller quantities are very important when you have many blends you wish to try, but have to stay under 200g to avoid duty/taxation at the border.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Wow, I never saw any responses to this when I posted it.
I love Three Friars. It is my go to blend. I do smoke aromatics before work and at lunch time to avoid commentary (such as my boss one time commenting that I smelled like I had stood next to a garbage fire when I smoke Half and Half before work. I was offended until I realized that Half and Half, in this day and age, should be reserved for yard work).
I still have not given the aros a go yet but I blew through the 2oz of Haunted Bookshop. It reminded me of Three Friars but different in that it had a hint of musty butter (yes, dinner time is interesting at my house). Overall, I liked it and would smoke it again. Three Friars is better.
That also reminds me, roth, I promised to let you know when I came to a verdict on the STG Virgina Gold/Rite-Aide aromatic line. I will add a post about it tomorrow or Sunday but, in short, it is worth the $17 for 9 oz.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rothnh: Three Friars is nothing like Three Nuns, old or new version. However, it is a good smoke and I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.