PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
It's almost becoming clichéd to do this but 4noggins deserve another tip of the hat for my first ever big TAD shipment, which got in yesterday. Managed to span the Atlantic safe and sound in under a week. Thanks Rich!
50g each of:
Dunhill Elizabethan

Dunhill MM 965

McConnell Original Oriental

Three Nuns

Peterson University Flake

Solani Aged Burley Flake
And 2oz of Pease Westminster.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Just got my first order from Rich yesterday and just placed another with him 5 mins ago. I'll happily keep dealing with him.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I don't know what the edict is when it come to talking about discounts for vendors on fourm pages. But I will throw this little hint out there. Like 4Noggins on Facebook, and I am pretty sure there is a discount code there. Just sayin.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Jknep- what is the point of jumping on to someone's thread about a TAD order and saying that? 4noggs is a great vendor. Leave your cynasism elsewhere.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
Peckinpah:
Jkenp - you are a major league asshole of the highest order
How so? I need enlightenment. Was anything I said inaccurate? Untrue?
I spent a lot of years in a competitive world. If your competition is getting lynched, it makes no sense to show up with a rope. You maintain your quiet class and let nature sort it out. You can dance a bit; just do it out of sight.
Making jokes at your competitions expense is declasse and always a mistake.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I guess I've missed where 4Noggins has "shown up with a rope" and made jokes at a competitors expense. If anything Rich has generally tried to defend his competitors. Peck has no horse in the race other than being a high volume purchaser from all of the major online vendors. I think raining on the OP's parade about his TAD order and discounts was a mistake. Bad form in my opinion.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
@BRD It had already been established that any increase pricing claim was bogus. Rich's post didn't add information. His remark about his increased cost because of an extra phone call was a canard/joke. The thread didn't need his help. Resisting the impulse would have done him more long term benefit.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
I guess several folks here and I need to agree to disagree and I can fortunately avoid name calling in the process.
I just said in another thread that we are fortunate to have good online sources as B&M shops are leaving the scene. I like the healthy competition that results. I don't wish to see any go away. So, keep the competition healthy and you'll always have the opportunity to vote with your feet and hopefully for good reasons.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I can safely say that I have no idea what this controversy is about. Either way I had a very positive experience of contacting Rich directly and subsequently ordering from the site and I thought it was worth a mention.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
ordered from 4 n first time - needed help deciding on either of 2 similar - he listened to me & helped decide & i went with his decision to try his decision first then the other later - it has some latakia & lakeland - just recently a fan of latakia & didnt know how lakeland tasted - - opened the tin & cant stop smoking the stuff.

THANK YOU RICH !!

another order to follow & most are results of posts on this site - have a list & will decide with rich's help.
learn to appreciate those who take their time to help you - he sure does his best to help all who request it

definitely the feeling of most who speak with him
regards to all

fideau

Lurker
Nov 19, 2013
New here but glad to hear positive remarks about 4noggins as I have an order in. Never ordered from them before and was looking for something new. Kinda what I was doing when I saw this site. I will comment on my experience with them too. Thanks guys.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Welcome fideau. You have found the best pipes and tobacco forum on the planet!
And 4Noggins under the masterful tutelage of Rich is an absolute jewel of an etailer. Here's a personal example:
Last week, I put in an order on Thursday. Here on Saturday. I live in Tenn-o-see. Rich is in Vermont. Now, I gotta tell ya, if I got that kind of service from other vendors, I would be delirious with delight.
4Noggins is outstanding, fideau. And dryseason, glad you got your order in a timely fashion. You stay with the Noggins and that will continue to be your experience.
Nough said.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Couldn't agree more, Tennsmoker, especially considering that I'm in Ireland and Rich is by all accounts the man to go to for cross-Atlantic orders. Wouldn't be making online orders very often but when I do, I'll look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.