PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
This is getting so old I know and they did finally die but when another problem arises I must speak up!!
Cigars international, what a hack of a company!! I swore them off but figured why let the gift card they sent me go to waste? So I use it and 4days later they email me saying I need to age verify, even though I have purchased from them before (unfortunately). So I jumped through that hoop and sent them a copy of my ID. Ok cool, send me that tin now!! NOPE!! Now they "say" the funds were not received when it clearly shows it was on a statement of the card. So now they took my $2 for shipping and then want me to pay them again because they say it was not taken out. YES ITS $2 but when u already payed it and am having the problems I am with this hack of a company why should I pay them AGAIN!!
Lucky for those who have had no problems with those jokers but seriously I am so sick and tired of this bull!!
So beware, they will make you jump through hoops, and then you will need to cross your fingers and hope they send you what you purchased.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never ordered anything from cigars internatl' and I guess I won't. I've been treated better than well

by smokingpipes.com, iwanries.com, cupojoes.com, and tobaccopipes.com.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
pipesandcigars.com is also good never had a problem with them either.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Ordered many times from CI and never had a problem. Also noticed when I used my gift card it said to use a credit card for age verification. Worked just fine with no hassle.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I've ordered twice from cigars.com with no problem. I believe they are the same as CI. But most of my online shopping is with P&C.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I've ordered twice from cigars.com with no problem. I believe they are the same as CI. But most of my online shopping is with P&C.
I believe they are in they same building but different entities

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Agree with Peck.
As a European I only ship from uktobacco.com and 4noggins, as of recently. I like to think that I have built up a good relationship with the first site, who are very speedy. And am beginning a very, very, very beautiful relationship with 4noggins; its essentially like unconsummated marriage. :puffy:

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've been a satisfied Cigars International customer for years. I've never had any issues with them at all. I'm not happy that I don't think I got a gift card from them. I sent a little over $400 bucks with them last year are you guys spend a lot more? 8O

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
I've probably done over 100 transactions with cigars international and have had no problem at all, apart from having to pay sales tax cuz I my address is in PA and their business is located in PA. Thats a bummer, but I can deal wih it. Cigars Int. bought out PipesandCigars if I'm not mistaken, so they're run by the same entity.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
My Dad had a 53' sailboat he named "Huckster". Was the best salesman I ever met.

Was & is a more favorable profession than Congressman :lol:

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Cigars International has been my go to online Cigar retailer for many years, ever since JR Cigars changed hands. I also have had many transactions with Pipes and Cigars for a long time. Maybe I am the exception but have always had a great relationship with both companies even now that they have merged. I also do business with Smokingpipes and consider all of these businesses excellent to deal with. Compettition between these companies keeps them honest and the prices affordable IMO.

starcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2013
Incompetence in organizations is down to the way the place is run, and to a very acute lack of higher ups being able to see the stupid complexities and problems of such transactions....especially as they are over the internet. There is way too much automation and about zero common sense. In real terms underlying all of this is plain old greed along with the dumbing down of the labor force and their well cultivated apathy. Take a look at the fact that almost no one below a certain age group knows how to spell. This is very easy to see on internet forums and is totally by design. The system wants and produces dumbed down robotic " persons " who don't take responsibility for anything including their own lives. There is way too much automation involved in everything dealing with dollars, and people are accepting it without question. As an example " direct deposit " of wages is a major mistake as are all other " automatic " cash transactions.

Call can demand to speak to someone in charge. If it is not very qucikly resolved stop using that vendor.

Mediocrity and bad customer service have become the rule instead of the exception.

There is bad product, bad service and unfortunately, bad food everywhere.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
To answer above, yes Cigars Int, Pipes and Cigars, CigarBid and at least one other company are all the same in a sence. They are ran out of the same building, seems like the same customer service as well unfortunately... for me anyways. I knew there would be a few "I've been doing business with them for years" posts and that's awesome for you guys. I wish I could say the same, I really do. I only ordered that one tin from them to use that stupid gift card that ended up costing me a little over $2 to not even get to use! I am really just cursed it seems when it comes to them.
So for now on first thing I will check with a retailer is the address, if it matches those jokers address then I will have to search again. Unless I want to loose out on my payment of course and hear the same old bull when there is another problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.