PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Yesterday morning, after I got home from work, we had about 8"+ of snow on the ground, and I decided it would be a good time for a lunt! So, me and the wife set out around the neighborhood.

Here's our house.

image194-600x450.jpg

Here's the back yard,

image193-600x450.jpg

Me, enjoying my pipe!

image201-524x600.jpg

And here's me and the Mrs.(not a very good pic of myself, I was concentrating on taking the pic, lol)

image200.jpg

By the way, I was smoking some Blue Mountain in one of my Nording "925" Silver Series blasted billiards.

image195-600x450.jpg

Did anybody else have a good lunt in the snow yesterday? That's about the third one I've had this year, a good pipe and some snow just seem like they belong together.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Beautiful, thanks for sharing. It's too bad snow causes so many problems because it's so beautiful.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
@brdavidson, You Got That Right! I spent the last three hours at work that night shoveling snow and spreading about 600lbs of salt and ice melt in our parking lot! And then again this morning, I had to spread another couple hundred! We have multi-million dollar equipment down in the plant, that I'm supposed to be working on, and instead I have to go shovel snow! At least I'm off this weekend!

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
It cracks me up to think of any of you guys hollering out to the the Mrs- "Honey, I'm going out for a Lunt!"
I would just say I'm going for a walk, and it would just be assumed that I'd be smoking.
Is there a verb for shoveling the snow and smoking? Smoveling? Honey, I'm gonna go smovel the driveway. That way there's no confusion between regular shoveling, and smoking and shoveling.

Driving and smoking? Driking? Say this to a cop and he might think you've been drinking.

How about thinking and smoking? We could call thunting. Or sminking.
Let's come up with new words for every activity man can participate in, in conjunction with smoking.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I have to admit, the word "Lunt" is only something I use here. If I said "Lunt" to my wife (who has a BA in English/Lit) she probably wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about! Lol!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Is there a reason that neither of you are looking into the camera that you just took your own photo with?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You get back out there in the snow and you re-take that picture right meow. :puffy:
Any excuse to light up another bowl!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun, but the snow is all gone now. At the moment it's raining heavily, but it's supposed to turn to snow soon. I doubt it'll do much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.