PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image67-596x600.jpg

Here's what I scored at the antique store yesterday morning. These pics are post resto, sorry no before pics, I was excited to start the cleanups and forgot to take any. I just finished them this morning.
On top; Lorenzo R-10 with faux plateau
Middle; No-name "Israel" spot carved Canadian w/flat sided shank. The only other marking on this pipe is an "X" on top of the stem. This pipe was in pretty rough shape!
Bottom; Prince Of Whales rusticated billiard marked "Hand Made" "Italy".
The Lorenzo and the Prince Of Whales were in decent shape to start with, so I didn't have to do a whole lot to them.

I've heard of Lorenzo before, but I don't know much about them, the other two I have never seen or heard of before. If anyone has any info on them, I'd appreciate it!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The Israel pipe was probably made by the Shalom Pipe co.,the same company that made the Alpha's and Mastersons and others I can't remember at the moment. It was the only pipe company to ever operate in Israel--IIRC.

Nice scores!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Last smoke of the night, and I'm trying one of these out! I'm giving the Prince Of Whales a try with some FMOTT, and so far, it's wonderful! The pipe is smoking cool, dry and even! I'm most pleased!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Man, the bowl on this here billiard is cavernous! I filled it a little over 3/4 of the way full and lit up at 9:00. It's now after 10:00 and I'm still smoking! Whew, this is turning into a marathon! Albeit, a pleasing one!

Status
Not open for further replies.