PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
My wife and I celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary yesterday. In celebration of that event I cracked a tin of Balkan Sobranie I've been holding now for over 2 years.

In celebration of that event my wife gave me a card in which was written: "Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband."

After 45 years I am qualified to attest to the accuracy of that statement.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
In celebration of that event my wife gave me a card in which was written: "Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband."

After 45 years I am qualified to attest to the accuracy of that statement.
This demonstrates wisdom on both sides. Congratulations!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Good job! I haven't been able to get that many years in with 3 wives! Congrats... 8O

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Congratulations on 45.

I'm on my starter marriage of 30 years.

There are reasons why they are referred to as Boss or SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) - one is that they know where you sleep!
O7vgK1W.jpg

She looked like that at one time...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sincere congrats. I've busted on two marriages, one of nine years, the other of three. But my current partner, now five years of togetherness, is a winner. Or I am to have her. Fingers X'ed!

oldmojo

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2017
Whoever said that marriage is a 50/50 proposition knew nothing about math. Or women.

Happy Anniversary and many happy returns.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Happy Anniversary.

We just celebrated number 42. How she's put up with me this long is something I can't answer.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks for all the congrats folks. My original intent was to share the wifely wisdom.

The card also included a second comment which reads, "A wedding ring is the smallest set of handcuffs made. Choose your prison mate well."

My wife really is my favoritest person in the whole world. But I know when she transforms into the dragon lady (please don't tell her I sometimes call her that) to find a large heavy rock and crawl under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.