PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Even if the PC police would rather we change history, let us not forget that Ol Saint Nick does indeed smoke a pipe (I still believe!). :puffy:
santa-440x600.jpg

bclarke

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
frosty-112x150.jpg
This year's "ICE" show at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando is based on Frosty. They carved at least six big statues, all with his signature pipe. :puffy:

album

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good timing. I happened to notice a Santa figure with a pipe this morning at our home. My wife has I think about 50 different Santas sprinkled around the house, including a doze or so "Clothtique" figures. Those were gifts from me until she said "enough!". Only one of those has a pipe, she puts that one on top of my pipe cabinet. We're not sure where the little figurine came from. Santa with a pipe, a rare thing.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth/And the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath.
-- Clement Clark Moore, "A Visit From St. Nicholas" 1823.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Yes, Virgina, Santa Smokes a Pipe!
Yes, of course he does...can’t imagine Santa without a pipe. But somehow I always imagined him as more of a Latakia kind of guy. :mrgreen:

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
There was a time in a decade long gone, before we lived in CA, my kids built a snowman and borrowed one of my pipes to complete his outfit ... luckily, I discovered what had happened before any damage was done and was able to give them an old drugstore pipe I didn't mind parting ways with ...

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
Just last night, my daughter was looking at a old picture of her on Santa's lap and asked if it was the real Santa. Mom said no it wasn't. I said, "Of course not! The real Santa smokes a pipe!" My daughter says, "How do you know?" Well, there I was stuck so I flat out lied and said, "Because I met him. A looonnng time ago."

She's 8 and at that age where she still believes in the real Santa, but is realizing that some things don't quite make sense. We're torn between wanting to keep the dream alive and wanting to be done with the extra work to keep it alive. lol Really, I'm amazed her sister hasn't spoiled it for her already.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
We're torn between wanting to keep the dream alive and wanting to be done with the extra work to keep it alive.
Going through the same thing! My girls are 9 + 11. They still believe, but are sometimes a little suspicious. Sadly this will probably be the last year for my 11 year old.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My daughter was about 7 when, while I was away on a business trip, she pestered my wife about the truth about Santa. So, my wife fessed up and told Katie the truth. Katie cried and said to my wife, "Now I suppose there isn't any Easter Bunny." My wife, wisely, told her that she should save that question for when I got home.

A couple of days later I walked in the door from the airport and Katie ran up to me and asked if there was an Easter Bunny. I said, "Of course there is. Who do you think brings all those Easter eggs?"

The wife looked at me astonished that I would lie to a 7 year-old. I explained that in the Rules For Being A Dad lying to one's child is absolutely called for in matters of Santa, the Easter Bunny and said Dad's unfaltering wisdom.

It wasn't the first lie I told her and sure as hell ain't going to be the last. After all, Katie is only 28 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.