PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
This makes #11 out of the 12 piece set of Sterncrest's I've been working on. This old LHS has been on quite a journey throughout it's life of roughly 70 years. East coast, west coast, British Columbia, and back again.
I received this pipe in an estate lot in near death condition. With a little luck, maybe it will be around for another 70 years. Here is the complete story, journey, and resurrection of the pipe on Reborn Pipes.
http://rebornpipes.com/2015/11/21/revival-of-a-globetrotter-lhs-sterncrest-14k/
LHS Sterncrest 14K
HsZjcINl.jpg

CRUo3RHl.jpg

2zXNMt9l.jpg

tOLKqsbl.jpg

xU3CRhSl.jpg

ldl0U4Lm.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the before and after pix, as well as the link. This is a truly amazing transformation / rescue.

I especially like the way you preserved the crispness of the stamping. Wonderful story! :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There you go! It's like time travel, only somehow I feel the pipe is better now than new.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Very nice Dave. That pipe certainly has been around--but ready to go again !!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dave:
That burner is drop dead gorgeous and thank you for having the vision to appreciate what this warhorse looked like in it's prime. Indeed, you gave an old soldier another seventy years until the next Dave G comes along.
Your Reborn post was excellent reading as was Steve Laug's: http://rebornpipes.com/2015/11/04/removing-a-broken-metal-tenon-from-a-lhs-sterncrest-14k/
There was a time, where LHS made some of the very best production burners in the U.S. Most assuredly, yours was one of them.
That pipe, Dave, is just lovely.
Fnord

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Remarkable...no doubt good to go for another 70 years. Very crisp stamping on that one. :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Your work is always inspiring and hard to fathom. I'd love to see some of your restorations in person, perhaps one day. Please do a post on your 12 day set once completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.