PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
With this year grinding to a close I thought it a perfect time to reflect on our complete collections. Lets see group shots! PIPES PIPES & MORE PIPES!!! My collection is perhaps lacking in number, but I try to make up for this in quality.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thank you! A couple Davidoffs, a cooke, and an S. Bang. I originally collected only Dunhills, mostly because of the huge Dunhill cabinet I obtained, but just recently started branching out. There's another S. Bang, an early Cooke, and a custom Cooke commision in the works. Let's see more photos!!

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I've posted this before but here is my humble rotation. Each pipe must pull its own weight.

rotation-600x448.jpg

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Thanks, there is a pair of 1/4 bent Stanwells, one smooth and one rusticated.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
So an update, but my rotation has not changed much.
I smoke a bowl each day after dinner, but only use two pipes a week. At the end of the week the two pipes get cleaned and then rest for about six weeks. So when I buy a new pipe I usually keep in mind that I will need to pair it with something, either one I have or another I intend to get.
Here is my current rotation.
from left to right: Fribourg and Treyer stack/Luciano stack/Sebastien Beo pot/Stanwell 199

rotation1-600x448.jpg

from left to right: Tsuge Mizki/Castello/Ryan Alden/Dunhill shell

rotation2-600x448.jpg

from top to bottom:Briar Bird anse/Refbjerg brandy/Benson and Hedges/Orlik

rotation3-448x600.jpg

From left to right: Sebastien Beo/Benton/pair of Stanwell 240's

rotation4-600x448.jpg

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Nate, it may have been somebody else, but didn't you also have a commissioned Michael Parks? I remember somebody had one made, and then started another comission with him with a pipe that had meteorite inlays. Of all your pipes, which one is your "go to" best smoker?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Wow... thanks guys! This thread is from last year, but feels like longer! The Space Dog is still in the que, but here's the other commissioned Parks o' mine, Lg Diplomat with mammoth bone collar. It's the one on the right. I LOVE how striking grain looks against a monochrome background.

And matching tamp with mammoth and stainless steel...

Status
Not open for further replies.