PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Campbell County,Kentucky stood up for smokers rights and won. Perhaps a new revolution has been seeded.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/no-to-nanny-kentucky-county-repeals-indoor-smoking-ban/

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
COngratulations, I for one am appalled at the actions taken against use pipe and cigar smokers, as for cigarette smokers, i don't mind at all that they have next to no rights, disgusting stuff!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
A smoker of all three it sadens me when someone down grades a cigarette smoker , all a smoking nazi needs is a foothold . Now I make my own cigarettes from real tobacco . Way to go Campbell County,Kentucky .

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
marmal4de, I ask you to reconsider your attitude toward smokers of "disgusting stuff". Please take a moment to read

this blog article which addresses the dangers posed to all of our freedoms by your lack of concern. At least consider this excerpt:
The problem is that since cigarette smokers have been so maligned, us folks that enjoy pipes and cigars often side with the "antis" against them. The reasoning is that we do not want to be grouped in with the people that have that "nasty habit". What we do not realize is that we are already being put into that group by the anti-tobacco people. Siding with the antis against cigarette smokers is not going to make them take you out of the overall evil tobacco-user group. Instead, you are helping them get rid of the cigarettes first, so then they can come after your luxury tobaccos next.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Wow! after reading that article I feel terrible, it ring true.
I heartily appologise for any offense my words may have caused.
Freedom of choice for the win.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Geez marmal4de, I don't think you offended anybody. At any rate, now I for one, am happy that you took the time to examine the implications of the situation. :)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It's nice to see a victory for smokers for a change! I hope that this is a trend that will start to snowball.
marmal4de Said: as for cigarette smokers, i don't mind at all that they have next to no rights, disgusting stuff!
That's a bold statement. I want everybody to have rights, whether I agree with their choices or not. When you don't stand up for the rights of others, don't expect them to stand up for your rights when yours are in jeopardy.
By the way, without cigarettes, pipe tobacco would be gone in the blink of an eye. It would not be profitable for farmers to farm tobacco just for pipe smokers. Although pipe smokers are growing in numbers, they are still just a small fraction of all smokers.
---
Igloo Said: it sadens me when someone down grades a cigarette smoker
+1 It seems that people still don't get it that we're all in this together.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
My comment was a little late. I was in the middle of posting it when I got side tracked and re-published a part of one of my old articles.
So as to not keep this thread off track, I made a new thread about it:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/tobacco-users-must-unite

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOM!

Hmm, that kind of turned out like FREE DOOM! Which is not correct ha.

Anyways, this is excellent.
But at the same time...a gov't returning stolen liberties? Methinks the Mayans were about 22 months off on their apocalyptic predictions!

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
But at the same time...a gov't returning stolen liberties?
You're right, the government doesn't give anything back once they've gotten their greedy hands on it. I think this is more of a case where people stood together and DEMANDED their liberty back. This shows that we really can accomplish something here. There are grassroots movements in other places too, check your area.
Face it, most politicians are whores, they're gonna go with whoever pays the most. Or in this case, yells the loudest and wields the most votes.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Got that situation going on here in Wisconsin. Largest protests since Vietnam going on in Madison . The new Gov is trying to bust the public employee unions.

Status
Not open for further replies.