PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
December was relatively warm, but January has been very cold so far. That said, it has not snowed much (here in NH). Given a choice between bitter cold or snow, I'll take the cold; it's always warm by the woodstove, and snow removal is a lot of work. And quite frankly, looking out the window and seeing 8 foot tall snow banks is depressing. About 10 more weeks until Spring ...

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Up in the northern part of NH, on the Canadian border, there have been a number of nights they topped out at -25 F. I am a few hours' drive south, and those same nights we hit -10 F. I am not complaining, as I am under the impression that our Canadian cousins endure much worse! But it is quite cold here in the garage, even with a space heater ...

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Here in Australia it's meant to be Summer, since summer began we have had about a dozen warm to hot days, the rest has been miserable rainy weather reminiscent of a standard winters day here down under.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Deuce, here in upstate NY -27 yesterday morn, today it warmed up to -9. I LOVE IT! So I'll keep the cold here.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm with deuce. We left Pennsylvania on 1/1/15 to spend 2 months in South Carolina and escape the bitter cold. Yes, it's a bit warmer here than at home but we're waiting for any day in the 60's. Hell, the pipes froze here last week on Isle of Palms.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
It's still duck season, the cold doesn't need to go away yet. Come February it can warm up a little, but not too much. I want to go fly fishing and not fight the crowds.

B

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
It has been in the teens here (Ne.)for about two weeks, luckily, the rest of the week is supposed to warm up. The old saying her is, "if you don't like the weather, wait a couple of hours". Seriously though, if I ever am ever to retire, it will be to the south, Ga or the Carolinas. I hate winter!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
@sablebrush52: I don't want to hear about the weather in California, we used to live there and know what it's like. Yeah, we miss that temperate weather, but here in mid MIssissippi, it's damp and cold, and we're up to our eyeballs in ladybugs! Man I can't believe how many of them are out and all over everything! We used to pay for them at the nursery in CA to have them in our yard out there. I'll trade you some for a little tobacco if you want. (heh heh) But at least there's no snow and the temps have been going from cold to mild, so we can't complain too much. I guess everyone just has to make the best of it! :cry:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
It's actually been an exceptionally warm winter in the interior of Alaska. Besides two blocks of about 5 days each, we have been hovering in the 0 to 20 above range. That is t-shirt weather for us. The two cold blocks were -18 and -29 respectively and that is pretty mild to be calling our cold weather. We don't really consider it cold until it's more than -40. If you come here in the spring, people are out in shorts and sandals by the time it hits 30 above.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well Peck, I for one am offended. I have a detailed and extensive understanding of Canadian culture and history as provided by the movie Strange Brew.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
65chevy -"North New Jersey. The mob has called off all hits it to cold to dig lol"
OMG, :laughat:

Status
Not open for further replies.