PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
Hello,
I have been smoking pipes on and off for about 4 years and I have enjoyed learning to smoke and sampling dozens of different tobaccos to hone in on what I enjoy the most. I am darn near KY in TN, so I am fortunate to be greeted by a thousand barns smoking tobacco each fall and have great bourbon and whiskey around me. I find I enjoy English blends the most and pairing them with an excellent rye is all the better.
My cellar has a decent width, but lacks depth and I am stricken much more with TAD than PAD. I scored a bag of Stonehaven and Penzance today, so I figure it is a good time to stop lurking and join you fine gents.
Russell

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Welcome.
Two days before I started smoking a pipe I was driving from Louisville to Lexington and the sight of Tobacco Barns intrigued me, so I used Google, and here I am. Smoking a pipe since September 13, 2011. I own over 70 pipes and and have over 200 pounds in the cellar. The slippery slope is real.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I started smoking because a great uncle gave me a nice pipe.
And I had another uncle who saw some billboards that said "Drink Canada Dry", so he headed North to Toronto and we haven't heard from him since.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I am stricken much more with TAD than PAD.
Stick around this lot for long enough and that might change. We're known enablers and are so happy to clap you on the back and applaud your selling a kidney to purchase a new pipe. :rofl:
But seriously, welcome aboard from North Carolina! You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, and just plain old, all round good dudes. Even Anthony, when he's on his best behavior and spends even a little time off the fluid. :rofl:

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the Forums from Pennsylvania! I'm hoping one day to tour the Bourbon Trail and extend into TN to check out the Jack Daniels operation.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
@techie there is also a new Tennessee whiskey trail that is located mostly between the bourbon trail and Jack Daniels geographically.
Be sure to add Leatherwood distillery to your list because it isn't on either trail and would be the best you will likely find outside the Pappy offerings.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from green central N.C. We are happy to help with your PAD and TAD, assuming you want much worse cases. Along with our many distinguished owners of excellent pipes, I am somewhat the booster of some of the low end (priced) products, though I have some tending toward higher end. I'm also one of the Forums burley fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.