PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I have been pipe smoking off and on for many years. In the last 6 months I have taken to it more vigorously and this morning with an hour drive in front of me I grabbed my favorite pipe (this week), packed a bowl of Magnum Opus and headed down the road. Eureka! I had the perfect pack, the taste enveloped me like a sensuous lover. 50 minutes later I realized I had not had to relight, not hot pipe moment and I was sad to see it end. I hope I can repeat this again. I don't know if it was the packing, the blend or if my head was just in the right place and time but I didn't even give anyone the finger the hold time! I was in Xanadu!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
That is so damn cool, Trout. I love it when a nirvana smoke sneaks up and catches you off guard.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Here I thought we would be talking about the Olivia Newton John movie/musical. Hmmm pipe smoking and roller skating.....it could work!

Jan 8, 2013
the Olivia Newton John movie/musical.
That's what I was thinking :rofl:
but I didn't even give anyone the finger the hold time!
It's always a good smoke when you can get through it without flipping the bird. :mrgreen:
I don't know if it was the packing, the blend or if my head was just in the right place and time
Probably all of those combined. It will happen again. :clap:

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I smoked a pipe for the first time while driving just a few days ago. On a business trip and had to drive 5 hours. I’m using a nice light cob so I can clench as I don’t normally clench with my briars.
Anyway, it seems as if my bowls are smoking much better and many times, all the way to the bottom with nothing more than a light tamp or two on the way. Maybe it’s because I’m not fiddling around with it? Just happily motoring on and enjoying the smoke. I do crack a couple of windows so there is a light breeze in the truck so maybe that has something to do with it? Also thinking I’m breath smoking most of the time, especially while clenching.
Oh yeah, and it certainly helps with the stress level of dealing with the general stupidity of the driving public...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not sure I can drive and bliss out at the same time, but I can certainly do them separately. What a one-track guy I am. Anytime it happens is good.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
There are two types of drives here in the high country. The first is "blissed" for one reason or another if you catch my drift. The other is a tourist type A who is hell bent for leather to get somewhere important obviously. Those of us who have slowed our life for one reason or another sure do piss off the type A people. We really don't care. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.