www.tobaccoonline.co.uk - has anyone used them?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Greetings,
I had just recently put an order of £27.96 from this website, and which i'm waiting for them to give me their details to put my card through or something along those lines. Well that kind of made me think whether or not this is a website to be trusted, truth is that I usually buy my tobacco through a website which I have been using for a very long time, but I noticed that this website uses UK prices yet sells American tobacco like Cornell and Diehl which made me think I won't have to worry too much about shipping from 4noggins et cetera.
Basically I would like someone to tell me what they think about this site. http://www.tobaccoonline.co.uk/ Should I trust it and put my card information through, or am I better just attempting to cancel my order.
I hope i'm just overreacting.
Kind Regards,
Pipeherman

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Update: it seems this site may be rather dodgy, fortunately I have not parted with any money. Though i'm uncomfortable with the fact that they posses some of my information.
The site is linked to several other sites which have seemed to be dishonest particularly with claiming that tobacco had been shipped but then destroyed by customs. Which has been proven to be false.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Yes, it's a "drop shipping" business. They don't have the tobaccos in stock themselves, but rather order it elsewhere and have it shipped it to the customer. And while it's apparently an UK company, the package is often mailed outside the EU, thus costing the recipient possible customs fees and duties. A pipester here in Finland waited for his order for a few months and then got burned by the customs.
I'm gad you didn't lose money with them.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Thank you for confirming what I had feared. I'll make sure to further avoid these companies in the future.

yajustnick

Lurker
Jul 3, 2015
As an American leaving in London, you can not find smokeless tobacco. After being ripped off by Northerner, I thought I would try one last site. www.tobaccoonline.co.uk does seem a bit odd when it comes to billing, but I receive my order in 5 days or less. Now when I get something from my family in the states in can take up to a week and half. But they are always there to answer questions, quick on the email replies or calling on the phone. I would recommend them to anyone trying to find tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.